Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: mbho matching?  (Read 6705 times)

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
mbho matching?
« on: November 25, 2004, 12:25:21 PM »
are the mbho's actually "matched"?

would consecutive serial numbers be the closest thing to matching?

my bodies are consecutively numbered but my caps are 4 numbers apart... i havent got to run them yet, so im not sure if/how muich they are off

should i have paperwork to verify they are matched if they are truely matched straight from mbho?

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
Re: mbho matching?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2004, 12:28:47 PM »
I think serial numbers are the closest thing they get to actual matching. FWIW, my bodies were one number apart and the caps were 3 away from each other...and were pretty much dead on perfectly matched.
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2004, 12:41:29 PM »
right on, thats what i wanted to hear. the kid i bought them (mike rollinson- ween taper) from said they were "matched" but i got nothing with them saying so

any ideas on what to store them in while in my bag besides the cases they came with? ideally id like to ahve something simillar to a pelican 1060 where i can have my xlrs and actives hooked up all the time and have the actives/caps stored in the film canisters like yours. they are a touch too long for the pelican 1060, but id like to keep the package as small as possible

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2004, 12:56:35 PM »
There's a million different size Tupperware containers that would probably work. Just put some foam in and that should do the trick. You'll have to cut holes in either side of the box (you'd have to with the 1060 as well), but that's no biggie.

I'd take a trip down to the local Wal-Mart/Target/K-Mart and see what they've got. You'd be amazed...every size, shape, depth, and width imaginable.

Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2004, 12:59:41 PM »
thats a great idea. it will always stay in my bag so it wont be in the line of danger

il also be looking at the small slim tackle boxes. i once had one that fit my 480s perfectly, not sure if i can find one that is small enough and long enough (~10")

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2004, 02:02:01 PM »
they do matching, at least they use to. When I got my MBHO's about 2 years ago they where a matched pair....consecutive serial numbers has nothing to do with it.
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2004, 02:06:57 PM »
i know it technically has nothing to do with it. but at least they wer emanufactured on the same line and all that jazz, that has got to help that they were manufactured close to each other from a same batch of materials

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (42)
  • time between the notes...
    • My recordings on the LMA
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2004, 02:12:02 PM »
Dustin:

Music Trade Center
536 Metropolitan Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11211
(718)963-2777
nycdrums@aol.com

is the US importer for MBHO.
I talked to a guy named Marcus Demuth over there when I wanted to get my Josephson KA-20 capsules looked at and matched better.

I sent the caps to Marcus, who sent them to Mr. Haun in Germany.
It only cost me $75.00 for the matching and $20.00 freight.

I was VERY pleased with the results. My capsules came back looking like new. I could never get Mr. Haun or Marcus to tell me exactly what was done, but the looked and sounded much better when I got them back. The backs of them were obviously changed out with some new "guts."

If you need to have them looked at for any reason, I would recommend contacting them. I was very happy I did.

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6, iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed & RTC mod)

Recordings on the LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/ChuckM
Recording website & blog: http://www.timebetweenthenotes.com

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2004, 02:14:45 PM »
what was the turnaround on that???

i havent got to even test mine yet, the V3 is at grace this week for the optical mod :)

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2004, 02:17:26 PM »
Dustin:

Music Trade Center
536 Metropolitan Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11211
(718)963-2777
nycdrums@aol.com

is the US importer for MBHO.
I talked to a guy named Marcus Demuth over there when I wanted to get my Josephson KA-20 capsules looked at and matched better.

I sent the caps to Marcus, who sent them to Mr. Haun in Germany.
It only cost me $75.00 for the matching and $20.00 freight.

I was VERY pleased with the results. My capsules came back looking like new. I could never get Mr. Haun or Marcus to tell me exactly what was done, but the looked and sounded much better when I got them back. The backs of them were obviously changed out with some new "guts."

If you need to have them looked at for any reason, I would recommend contacting them. I was very happy I did.

nice info....
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

Offline Chuck

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2004, 02:23:48 PM »
what was the turnaround on that???

i havent got to even test mine yet, the V3 is at grace this week for the optical mod :)

If I remember, it was about 6 weeks. It would have been shorter, but my timing in shipping was off. Marcus was doing international shipping on like a 2-3 a month basis, and I missed his ship day, so they sat in NY for a week or two. Also, they missed the return ship back from Germany by a week.  It was still very much worth it!

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2004, 02:24:56 PM »
been meaning to ask...what do you think of the MBHO's Cayman?
In Tyler we Trust

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2004, 02:25:35 PM »
right on. maybe when i purchase another set of caps i will be able to send my cards off to be checked out if need be

Offline caymanreview

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2004, 02:28:18 PM »

weel they look nice ;) and it is a super small setup from what ive had since bfore the summer (TL's)

my v3 has been out to grace for the opti mod since the day before i got these :) so i have yet to even test em out at home

for the last few months i have had a pretty regular shows here locally, and now nothing, so i figured it was a good tiem to ditch the hosa box and get the opti mod.

then i realize i have a local show on satuday that i REALLY want to tape. but with the holiday liek this i most likely wont get my v3 back on saturday like most have been arriving back on after a tuesday mod.

if i get it back, il be taping, if not i might not make the drive

i also have some 184s and a mmp here right now, its a shame my v3 is out!

Offline Chuck

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2004, 02:30:44 PM »

weel they look nice ;) and it is a super small setup from what ive had since bfore the summer (TL's)

my v3 has been out to grace for the opti mod since the day before i got these :) so i have yet to even test em out at home

for the last few months i have had a pretty regular shows here locally, and now nothing, so i figured it was a good tiem to ditch the hosa box and get the opti mod.

then i realize i have a local show on satuday that i REALLY want to tape. but with the holiday liek this i most likely wont get my v3 back on saturday like most have been arriving back on after a tuesday mod.

if i get it back, il be taping, if not i might not make the drive

i also have some 184s and a mmp here right now, its a shame my v3 is out!

That's why it helps that your such a gear slut  ;)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com