Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: So im gonna buy the ua-5 pmod..what is a good set of mics to go with this one/?  (Read 4769 times)

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
LD's are inherently less detailed than sd's.... they lack that bite, for lack of a better term. The size of teh diaphragm causes them to be slower and less detailed and more "musical"...
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline DCDireWolf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • You ain't gonna learn what you don't wanna know
I run Studio Projects C4's off my UA5 warm mod and I'm very satisfied. 

Don't forget to pick up something to read your levels with though, like a svu or svu2 or borrow somebody's dat or use an old dat, or something.  all you get on the ua5 is a flashing red blinker and on the jb3 it's really hard to read the levels in the dark.

Have fun.
"It's pretty clear now that what looked like it might have been some kind of counterculture is, in reality, just the plain old chaos of undifferentiated weirdness."  -Jerry Garcia

Offline alienbobz

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
I was just going to ask a similar question about this mod. Right now I have the Marshall MXL 1006 BP's. I do enjoy these, but I thought they would be better with an oade mod. I am also thinking about getting the TLs soon, but I don't want to go the same route as a lot of people (seems most have the w mod with them). So right now I am either thinking off getting both the ua-5 and the tl's or just keeping my current mics and getting a p mod ua-5. Does anyone have any clips with the TL's and the P Mod? I would love to hear that.
-Out of the game for a bit, probably forever-

Audio Setup:
Apogee Mini-MP
Zoom H6

Video Setup:
Canon Vixia HF G20
Rode NTG-2
Azden SGM-1X

Misc:
Behringer C-2s, Marshall MXL 1006BPs, Naiant MSH-1s

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.036 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com