Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Poll

Which mics would you preffer for metal taping?

DPA 4061
26 (76.5%)
SP-CMC-8
8 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Stealthing very loud metal shows...extended from Team EVIL  (Read 22778 times)

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I love/hate tickets.
Re: Stealthing very loud metal shows...extended from Team EVIL
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2004, 04:30:36 PM »
Well I do think I'm convinced that the DPAs are a better buy than the SPs.  Less shit to haul around means easier crotchability means more shows taped.  Also to trade off a bit of crowd noise for a recording filled with true ambience, definately worth it.  Looks like i'm going to be broke until march, oh well.

keep searching Ebay dog.  I got mine for $295.  (around $310 shipped...)  Not much more than new SP mics you were talking about getting.

seller was transducer67.  Not the best transaction I've ever had, but they've finally been shipped.

EDIT: actually, someone in the kickdown section just posted a dpa 4061->sp bb-> njb3 source, if you want to sample that.  I dl'd it to hear what it sounds like to be relying on the NJB3 A/Ds.

http://www.taperssection.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=32147.0

HTH
~Andrew

« Last Edit: December 17, 2004, 04:35:24 PM by pfife »
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2004, 04:36:31 PM »
Well I do think I'm convinced that the DPAs are a better buy than the SPs.  Less shit to haul around means easier crotchability means more shows taped.  Also to trade off a bit of crowd noise for a recording filled with true ambience, definately worth it.  Looks like i'm going to be broke until march, oh well.

keep searching Ebay dog.  I got mine for $295.  (around $310 shipped...)  Not much more than new SP mics you were talking about getting.

seller was transducer67.  Not the best transaction I've ever had, but they've finally been shipped.

I hear those can come a bit beat up and altered w/ a Lemo connector for theater apps. Then again, thats a sweet price for a pair of 4061's  8)

yup- according to schwill, you can cut off the lemos and solder them onto a stereo miniplug and use them w/ a sp bb.  That's what I intend to do when those ho's get here!   :P
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Evil Taper

• Going pro...no time for taping now
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2004, 04:53:32 PM »
What's the technical name for a Lemo?  Never heard of that one before.
Really not very evil at all now...

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2004, 05:00:22 PM »
What's the technical name for a Lemo?  Never heard of that one before.

Lemo

I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Tim

« Reply #49 on: December 17, 2004, 05:16:31 PM »
lemo.com
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Evil Taper

« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2004, 05:21:12 PM »
I don't suppose that wireless would be an option for our hobby....or would it?

Offline Tim

« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2004, 05:24:32 PM »
not really.

the mic is hard wired to a battery powered pack which transmits to the reciever out at the board. it would be more crap to bring in and it wouldn't be any more stealthy than just running your mic cables. also there's the chance of interference if the band is using wireless.

Offline Evil Taper

« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2004, 05:29:51 PM »
Thanks. 

You don't suppose any crazy fuck out there has been keeping an audio archive of all of Mr. Bush's speeches do you?  Could be fun to relive some of those great ones from the past 4 years.

Offline Tim

« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2004, 05:30:54 PM »
I'm sure there's audio of it all, though I don't know that I could bare to listen...

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2004, 05:40:13 PM »
I bet c-span.org has bunchez of them.

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline zhianosatch

• god-damned hippies!
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2004, 09:02:24 AM »
i should scan my 4061 manual for the archive. it describes the mic cleaning process so no one should be afraid of a little makeup and spittle from buying on ebay.

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2004, 01:02:03 PM »
I just got the 4061's today.   Pictures do not even begin to show how small these mics are.  Might want to take that into consideration when making your choice.  Here's a picture of a 4061 beside an AT853 to demonstrate... Its pretty unbelievable.

Now just need to do some soldering (which I totally suck at...)

« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 02:30:15 PM by pfife »

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Tim

« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2004, 01:18:42 PM »
wow :o

I had no idea they were that small...

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2004, 01:20:49 PM »
wow, that is stealthy!

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2004, 01:21:04 PM »
yeah, I think it would be in their best interest to post something to use as a comparison in their pictures.  Moke said they were the size of a pencil eraser-  I'd agree as long as we are talking about an eraser on one of those mechanical pencils.

I'm pretty stoked about how tiny these ho's are.

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com