Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Guns on 13th row  (Read 4985 times)

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Hurricanes Insider
Re: Guns on 13th row
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2004, 11:18:41 PM »
I have run cards from 7th row in an amphitheatre and gotten incredible imaging and a crisp tape...

I would be surprised if you didnt get a "tunnel tape" from running shotguns that close

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2004, 03:28:36 PM »
You would get "tunnel tape" if you were in the 7th row w/ your guns, stuck between the stacks.  That's why its imperative for a Gun taper to buy tickets in front of the stacks when close.  I use my AT853RX, omnis, if I was that close, between the stacks.  But that's just my strategy. 

Offline trippingjonny

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • GO SOX!!!!
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2005, 07:33:14 PM »
I use guns.  The best place to be upclose is being stationed directly in front the stacks.  Mine grab the lows better than the ATs because they are 20-20,000 khz.  AT835s are tinny because I believe they are 50-20,000 khz.  I could be wrong. 

Stationed and pointed at the stack, your FOB will sound better than cards or omnis all day long.  That's because your recording is focused on the music instead of the crowd/music matrix.  If the fans are more into the mood of singing, like U2 or DMB shows, then being farther back is the best or going with cards or omnis up close.  If they are not a singing crowd, then the band should be your focal point.  Its all about directionality. That's just my 2 cents.

the differenct bewtween 20 and 50 hz is not  gonna make a tape sound tinny. unless u have great subs u cant even hear much below 50hz besides muddy crap 835s are tinny because is a cheap capsule.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.163 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com