Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: mic audio samples from identical rigs / locations?  (Read 1494 times)

Offline ljsurfer2002

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
mic audio samples from identical rigs / locations?
« on: January 10, 2005, 01:34:44 PM »
I've read about every type of mic out there for years now, but beyond hearing shows that were well done with a certain brand of mic, I haven't ever come across really great true comparison audio samples ... meaning same mic stand, same show, identical decks, but with just two different sets of mics at the top. does anyone have a good place to point me that has this sort of thing? I'd love to do a double blind for my own ears to see which one i think sounds better between two mics. any two ... the more comparisons, the better! I'm just curious to hear the subtle differences between the mics out there. THank you for whatever help you can pass on. I'm 2.5 years in and still in love with my AT831's but if i win the lottery i'd like to know what to buy next...

tyler
If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive: http://www.archive.org/details/etree please PM me and/or send an e-mail to us admins at etree(AT)archive(DOT)org and we'll get on it asap

Audio Technica 831 (AT831) > Sound Pro standard batt-box > Nomad Jukebox 3
It's a n00b rig, but I still love it, 5 years later! I have no desire whatsoever to 'upgrade'. I figure it does a good enough job doing the task I want it to do (recording the music) so i'd rather take that $1000 and use it elsewhere... ;)

Offline johnw

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My cd List
Re: mic audio samples from identical rigs / locations?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 01:49:44 PM »
I recorded a SKB show with AKG 391>UA5>JB3 (ortf) and someone else did the same show from the same stand with everything the same except with 393s. But I guess you were thinking more along the lines of different mics. I wish more people did this sort of thing, but it takes some advanced planning.
Schoeps MK41 & MK4V  |  Schoeps CMC6, Schoeps KCY, AKI/2C, PFA, Nbox Cable/PFA  |  Grace V2, Nbox Platinum  |  SD744T, SD MixPre 6, Sony PCM M10

Canon 16-35mm/2.8L mkii, 24-70mm/2.8L, 70-200mm/2.8L IS, 50mm/1.8 mkii, 135mm/2L, 100mm/2.8L IS, Sigma 35mm/1.4 A  |  Canon 5D mk4

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I love/hate tickets.
Re: mic audio samples from identical rigs / locations?
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 01:51:26 PM »
it also takes people having a lot of the same gear. A lot of times, people who are geographically close buy different gear on purpose, as to have different variety through a "team"
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com