Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: aeta 6 track recorder  (Read 81264 times)

Offline H₂O

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: aeta 6 track recorder
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2012, 09:44:40 AM »
Got pricing back from Pro-Sound and it is much more than I was expecting - I guess import taxes kill it:

These prices are w/o Timecode enabled:
4MINX 2 Mixer + 2-track recording  $5,150
4MINX 4 Mixer + 4-track recording  $5,775
4MINX 6 Mixer + 6-track recording  $6,375
4MINX 8 Mixer + 8-track recording  $7,125 (may include timecode - got price from another TS member)

Music can at the least least explain you and at the most expand you
LMA Recordings

List

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2012, 10:03:39 AM »
 :-\
wonder if a swing in the euro would help
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline newplanet7

• Hasn't heard a muddy 460/480 tape. EVER. Mike Hawk
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • The Place To Be...... Akustische u. Kino-Geräte
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2012, 11:52:52 PM »
thinking these wont be popping up on any lineages anytime soon.
This was way more than i had in my head for the 2ch  4MINX 2 Mixer + 2-track recording  $5,150
MILAB VM-44 Classic~> Silver T's~> Busman PMD660
News From Phish: Will tour as opening act for Widespread Panic for Summer
hahaha never happen, PHiSH is waaaaayyyy better the WSP

They both ain't got nothing on MMW... Money spent wisely if you ask me...

FYI, it is a kick ass recording of a bunch of pretend-a-hippies talking.

Offline myke2241

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Herron Sound
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2012, 05:05:40 PM »
Got pricing back from Pro-Sound and it is much more than I was expecting - I guess import taxes kill it:

4MINX 8 Mixer + 8-track recording  $7,125 (may include timecode - got price from another TS member)

I was originally not a fan. but after doing a little bit of research it seemed like a good option. I E-Mailed Aeta which took more then a week to get back to me (Bad sign). The person who was in charge of US sales actually never responded (Another bad sign). when i finally got the pricing and i was really let down. Timecode is a additional $675! WTF!!! the only thing reasonable was the track upgrade options pricing. Aeta needs to rethink this product line and figure out how to make them competitive with the big players!
Sound Devices 788, Sony PCM-M10
MKH 416, MKH 70, MKH 80, MKH 8040, MKH 8090, Schoeps CCM 41, CCM 8, Sonic Studios DSM-6SL, Fostex M22RP MS, Soundfield ST450

Offline H₂O

« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2012, 09:41:35 PM »
Your right on the money - they need a $2000 base price reduction or $1500 base and include TC for free.
LMA Recordings

List

Offline John Willett

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2012, 11:11:25 AM »

I was originally not a fan. but after doing a little bit of research it seemed like a good option. I E-Mailed Aeta which took more then a week to get back to me (Bad sign). The person who was in charge of US sales actually never responded (Another bad sign). when i finally got the pricing and i was really let down. Timecode is a additional $675! WTF!!! the only thing reasonable was the track upgrade options pricing. Aeta needs to rethink this product line and figure out how to make them competitive with the big players!

There is actually nothing wrong with those prices and they are certainly in the same ball-park as the competition - assuming the competition to be Nagra, Aaton Cantar and Sound Devices.

The Nagra VI is, I think, $9,000 in the US - this makes the AETA 4MinX about $3,000 cheaper - so, the prices are in the same ball-park as the competitors.

In Europe it's competitive, coming in cheaper than the SD 788T and the Nagra VI.

It's only in the US that Sound Devices have a competitive advantage as they are made in the US - Nagra, AETA and Aaton all have Customs Duty to pay in the US as well as the cost of shipping it accross the Atlantic.

Offline H₂O

« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2012, 02:00:08 PM »
There is actually nothing wrong with those prices and they are certainly in the same ball-park as the competition - assuming the competition to be Nagra, Aaton Cantar and Sound Devices.

The Nagra VI is, I think, $9,000 in the US - this makes the AETA 4MinX about $3,000 cheaper - so, the prices are in the same ball-park as the competitors.

In Europe it's competitive, coming in cheaper than the SD 788T and the Nagra VI.

It's only in the US that Sound Devices have a competitive advantage as they are made in the US - Nagra, AETA and Aaton all have Customs Duty to pay in the US as well as the cost of shipping it accross the Atlantic.

I don't agree - The Sonosax SX-R4 is $6200 in the US which is very competitive with SD788T with a similar feature set and this is Aeta's first recorder as compared to Nagra whom have been making recorders for over 50 years.  I don't know anything about Aaton's history so I can't comment there.

I think this may be attractive for the movie industry where in many cases money is no object but I would not expect to see one in the taper world any time soon if ever.
LMA Recordings

List

Offline newplanet7

« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2012, 07:36:54 AM »

$5,150 for a two track is not reasonable or competitive with anything.

Offline John Willett

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2012, 11:35:47 AM »

$5,150 for a two track is not reasonable or competitive with anything.

But the 4MinX was never designed as a 2-track recorder - it was designed to be a 6/8 track machine - and at the prices for those options it is competitive with the competition.

The 2-track option is just a slightly cheaper option for someone who needs atop-flight 2-track machine who may later want to upgrade it to more tracks.

And AETA stuff is very tough - a friend was sent the AETA mixer for review and it arrived slightly dented.  He found out that it had had a loaded pallet dropped on it by the shipping company - BUT - the mixer still worked perfectly and the dent was very small.

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2012, 06:10:24 PM »
Damn. I LOVE Aeta/EAA and their preamps, but this is hella expensive for their 1st recorder. I would pick the Sonosax SX-R4 over this anyday :)
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Don't sweat the technique
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2012, 09:08:48 AM »
You have to keep in mind that tapers are not AETA's audience for these products.  Their audience is the French TV, radio, and film industry (Canal, ORTM, etc.) and their products are very competitively priced for those markets.  The price is high in the U.S. because of duties, import fees, shipping, and the strength of the Euro.  AETA is aware of the pricing issues and were having a really hard time pricing the unit competitively in the U.S. given the challenges of the strength of the Euro and establishing a distribution network (which also takes money).
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline ramallo

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2012, 02:26:24 PM »
I'm in Europe, the 4MINX was one of my last contender units (788 vs Nomad vs 4minx), and the price had the last word, the 4Minx is very expensive, finally I got a Nomad (More cheap in Europe)

Offline newplanet7

« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2012, 06:32:13 PM »

I don't agree - The Sonosax SX-R4 is $6200 in the US which is very competitive with SD788T with a similar feature set and this is Aeta's first recorder as compared to Nagra whom have been making recorders for over 50 years.  I don't know anything about Aaton's history so I can't comment there.

I think this may be attractive for the movie industry where in many cases money is no object but I would not expect to see one in the taper world any time soon if ever.
I was super surprised to see a Sax SX-R$ already in the taping world and in team New England(IE HOME-TURF) no less.

Offline H₂O

« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2012, 09:08:45 PM »
I was super surprised to see a Sax SX-R$ already in the taping world and in team New England(IE HOME-TURF) no less.

I am not as there are a number of 788's out there now - honestly a Aeta Minx4 may show up one day as there are a handful (a very small handful) of tapers with unlimited budgets
LMA Recordings

List

Offline StuStu

• Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2012, 05:32:29 PM »
Here's a video: http://vimeo.com/40839170

Around the 6 minute mark he says the full version will be around $6k.
MK5, MK8, MK41, KM184D, CK77, B3 ---CMD 2U XT, KC5, KCY, AKI---KCY Tinybox, Ugly BB---AETA 4MinX, PMD661 MKII, R-26, M-10, MR-1

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.29 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com