Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: digital mics (portable AES 42, schoeps, neumann)  (Read 11716 times)

Offline ramallo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: digital mics (portable AES 42, schoeps, neumann)
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2013, 06:29:42 AM »

The two recorders that can accept AES42 direct are the SD 788T and the AETA 4MinX.  Both are Mode-1 only as they include a SRC and this method will accept both Mode-1 and Mode-2 mics.

The Zaxcom Nomad accepts AES42, have two inputs and two supply modes, and SRC. The TRX942 transmitter from Zaxcom too work with AES 42.  :)

Cheers

Offline DSatz

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: digital mics (portable AES 42, schoeps, neumann)
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2013, 08:42:44 AM »
A few years back I translated a big "white paper" for Schoeps and several partner companies about AES 42 microphones. As a recording engineer I, too, thought of asynchronous sample rate conversion as something best avoided. To me, the authors of the paper seemed rather blithe in claiming that it is audibly transparent nowadays.

I don't work in studios any more, though, so I haven't had a chance to hear what modern ASRC is like. So let me ask: Who here has worked with present-day, high-quality ASRC implementations? What are your impressions?

To put it bluntly, if it turns out that we're all just sitting around here imagining that everyone else thinks it's bad, but no one really knows, then I think we're not doing ourselves any favors.

--best regards
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 11:27:16 PM by DSatz »
music > microphones > a recorder of some sort

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com