Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ugg!!  (Read 2083 times)

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • They're baaack! ??
ugg!!
« on: March 06, 2004, 06:51:31 PM »
 :'(  So on my fourth show...I taped Keller Williams here in Fayetteville.  It was a sold out show (750 people, 250 wooks :o )  Anyway...they moved the tapers to the VERY back of a perfect rectangular building.  we were about 50-60 ft back.  I have MC012's(cards only)XY 90deg -> UA5  needless to say it sounds like shit.  Is this a situation where hypercards could have helped?  Or are those for longer distances?  Anything that coulda helped?  I really wanted this show.  being that far back...i figured XY 90*...yes/no??  Would upgrading mics help this?  i was considering the 51 Le's(these are 4 pattern switchable right?)

frustrated newbie!
Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

jpschust

• Trade Count: (0)
Re:ugg!!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2004, 06:52:38 PM »
hypers might have helped this situation, very possibly.  location is more important than anything.  unless they were being really hardcore about it, this might have been a situation to bring some friends and go FOB.  

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • They're baaack! ??
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2004, 06:58:18 PM »
there were 3 different (roided) bouncers that moved me each time...and several other tapers also.  I tried FOB(got there at door opening!  at least they didn't let me setup completly before they moved me, but nonetheless, everytaper was moved to the extreme back of the room.  My laptop also froze on me(damnit!) for first 10 min of second set...such a frustrating night!!  ahh well...burn and learn. thanx
Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

jpschust

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2004, 07:00:20 PM »
yah sometimes it just sucks- like i said, hypers might have helped you out.  i wouldnt say you need to scrap your mics completely because of one bad show, ya kno?

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Don't sweat the technique
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2004, 07:40:10 PM »
In terms of configuration and everything, you did the right thing.  XY 90* is the best choice IMHO for taping in poor acoustic environments.  Hypers may have helped, but Jonny brings up some excellent points with location.  If you are placed in a poor location in a poor sounding room, your tapes will not turn out optimal, no matter what microphones you are using.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

BobW

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2004, 08:18:24 AM »
What would shotguns do at 60' ?

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2004, 01:21:28 PM »
it's going to happen from time to time. This one place in Rochester that MOE plays in all the time sounds like complete ass, gym sound, nothing you can do, hypers will help some.
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline BCostigan

• I can resist everything except temptation
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Loose Lucy is my delight
    • GranitePhotography
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2004, 10:03:19 PM »
What would shotguns do at 60' ?

Not sure but I"ve seen some old school tapers running NAK guns indoors from about 40 feet!

As for the ADK LEs.....they sound sweet but are fixed cards.  The TLs are multi pattern.
"A Hippie is someone who walks like Tarzan, looks like Jane, and smells like Cheetah."  ~Ronald Reagan

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com