Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: need advice on selling classic turntable--proper to list FS in Yard Sale?  (Read 2318 times)

Offline jim1274

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
In trying to clean-up the gear pile (to make room for more!), I kept moving around my boxed Systemdek IIx turntable and Target TT1 stand and decided, screw it, this stuff has to go.  (Guess the boxes of LP's will have to be next....and my Superphon Revelation preamp...and...)  Anyway.....

Before going to Audiogon or one of the playback focus forums, thought I'd see if any interest here for my Systemdek IIx turntable and Target TT1 stand.  The table has been stored for quite a long time in the original box and was really not used much at all when it was in service.  I believe it has a pretty good Elac cartridge on it.  These tables are pretty highly sought after in some circles, but thought it would be worth checking if any vinyl junkies here have interest.  I prefer to sell on a forum that I have some history with, which is basically this one and Gearslutz.  Neither has many turntables coming through the for sale ads.  My questions are:

1. Would listing for sale in the YS be wasting bandwidth and bad manners given the focus of this forum?

2. What would my best option(s) be to sell a "classic" like this in terms of getting a fair price and high probability of finding an honest buyer?

3. There is one on Audiogon for $200 (with missing parts) and $390 for a pretty nice one on the surface.  These really don't change hands very often from what I can see, so am having trouble zeroing in on the current market price.  Any turntable experts on this board that could offer advice on a fair price for the table and stand?

mfrench

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: need advice on selling classic turntable--proper to list FS in Yard Sale?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 02:42:37 PM »
I listed a Rega here, recently; but, I sold it via AudioAsylum.com

Offline jim1274

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 03:00:29 PM »
I listed a Rega here, recently; but, I sold it via AudioAsylum.com

Thanks for the info---have heard of that forum but never used it.  I'm assuming since you listed yours there, that is a decent community like TS and worth listing on.  Might as well list here too, I suppose.  My concern was clogging up the ads with something of little interest to the taper community.  I'd prefer TS as I have a history and good buyer/seller rep here.  I suspect people on other forums will be reluctant to buy from a guy who has one post.

If anybody else has suggestions on best place(s) to list beyond AudioAsylum, I'm all ears!

Anybody have experience with Audiocircle.com?  Vinylengine.com?

mfrench

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 03:28:36 PM »
audioasylum is free.
I've had more success there selling playback gear than the other options that I've tried; audiogon, craigslist.
As far as community goes, and having a number of posts,... I have no posts and no feedback over there, and have sold a tonearm and turntable over the course of the past few weeks.
It works for me.

Offline jim1274

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 03:45:54 PM »
audioasylum is free.
I've had more success there selling playback gear than the other options that I've tried; audiogon, craigslist.
As far as community goes, and having a number of posts,... I have no posts and no feedback over there, and have sold a tonearm and turntable over the course of the past few weeks.
It works for me.

Thanks much for the further comments.  Joined and posted!  Thanks!

http://trade.audioasylum.com/ca/listing/Turntables/Systemdek/IIx/30725

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com