Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: center channel shelf?  (Read 1907 times)

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
center channel shelf?
« on: September 01, 2004, 11:35:43 PM »
i'm putting a tv in the corner of a room.  i need to mount the center channel speaker above it.  it can't sit on the tv, so i need some sort of corner shelf that can hold this speaker (17 inches across).  anyone have any suggestions?

Offline scervin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: center channel shelf?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 07:13:06 AM »
DIY?  I know they have corner shelves, but the one we have isn't anywhere near 17".  Get some strips of wood maybe an inch or so deep and 6-8 inches long.  Run these level out from the corner.  Cut a triangle with 17" sides which should leave you plenty for the speaker as I'm not sure the given depth.  Before mounting this paint the strip the wall color and paint the shelf a different one.  now mount the cut triangle piece to the strips.  Might cost ya $20 at most if you don't have paint around.
SC

jpschust

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004, 08:41:54 AM »
make sure you check the weight on it.  i ended up just having billy bags build me a shelf for mine.

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2004, 09:54:53 AM »
the speaker i want is 20 pounds....i might try to make a shelf.  gotta head back to home depot today after work anyway...

thanks

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004, 03:24:26 PM »
Just make sure to either screw into a stud or get some good wall anchors.  This shelf should hold it no problem.  I'd get a 2x4' sheet of 1/2" or 3/4" MDF and 2' of nice decoratice molding to put on the front edge. Paint and poly and you are good to go!

SC

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com