Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sony STR-DA3000ES conundrum  (Read 1887 times)

Offline Kyle

• Made it back alive!
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Still loves his mic pre's
Sony STR-DA3000ES conundrum
« on: July 16, 2005, 12:09:07 AM »
I purchase a 3000es from onecall.com and have had to replace it three times (currently on third receiver). I am having problems with excessive hiss through the speakers. This is a well documented problem with the ES digital receivers - it was supposedly corrected in the "A" revision (which I have) but there are many 'bad' ones out there. My question is this - I love the sound of this reciever but am really aggrivated with the situation. onecall.com has been great - no problems there - but I think they are getting tired of sending me new receivers. Should I get Sony to fix this prob (5 yrs parts/labor) or should I get out all together? Consensus.....

thanks...
Schoeps CMC6/MK4  //  Nakamichi CM-300/CP-1/CP-2
E.A.A. PSP-2   // Grace Design Lunatec V2
Sonic AD2K+ 
Tascam HD-P2 (Oade BCM)  //  Sony TC-D5 PROII

Duncan - 12/84 > 8/8/05 - Miss you everyday

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Sony STR-DA3000ES conundrum
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005, 12:16:23 AM »
if you like it and it' s under warranty I would hold sony to that warranty
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
Re: Sony STR-DA3000ES conundrum
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005, 07:20:51 AM »
I purchase a 3000es from onecall.com and have had to replace it three times (currently on third receiver). I am having problems with excessive hiss through the speakers. This is a well documented problem with the ES digital receivers - it was supposedly corrected in the "A" revision (which I have) but there are many 'bad' ones out there. My question is this - I love the sound of this reciever but am really aggrivated with the situation. onecall.com has been great - no problems there - but I think they are getting tired of sending me new receivers. Should I get Sony to fix this prob (5 yrs parts/labor) or should I get out all together? Consensus.....

thanks...

same problem I had, and I had it on two receivers before I sent it to Sony.  I had them give me a repair auth number and sent it to their repair facility in PA and had it back 10 days after I sent it...6 months later and no problems since they fixed it...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com