Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: micro tracker playback  (Read 2199 times)

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • large Marge sent me
micro tracker playback
« on: January 31, 2007, 11:08:15 PM »
Anyone using the microtrack for a portable playback device?  I just got one and I'm listening to gd19941001 and the space is blowing my mind ;-)

The only problem is, space isn't the track that is supposed to follow scarlet. 

Is there anyway to control the playback order?  Apparently playback follows the order that the tracks were copied to disc.  Is there any way to specify order with a playlist or do I have to erase and rewrite the tracks in the desired order?

The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
Re: micro tracker playback
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 12:28:54 AM »
i think it follows alphabetical order, so you may want to save it as 1scarlet  2fire 3biotdl etc

the typical file names given by the mt are file001.wav file002.wav   etc

My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• large Marge sent me
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 07:42:16 AM »
all the file names are in the format gd19941001_s1t01.wav, gd19941001_s1t02.wav,....

when I drag files into flac frontend, the order gets skewed and the flacs get decompressed and written to the MT non-alphapbetical order.  That is the order they play back.  it seems like the MT is not doing any ordering, just playing back in the order the directory entries are written.  If that is right, then the playback of file001, file002, etc would also be in the order in which they were written to disk. 

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 07:50:27 AM »
all the file names are in the format gd19941001_s1t01.wav, gd19941001_s1t02.wav,....

when I drag files into flac frontend, the order gets skewed and the flacs get decompressed and written to the MT non-alphapbetical order.  That is the order they play back.  it seems like the MT is not doing any ordering, just playing back in the order the directory entries are written.  If that is right, then the playback of file001, file002, etc would also be in the order in which they were written to disk. 

I'm wondering if it does an alphabetical stort, but isn't going deep enough into the filename to find the unique numbers per filename to sort it properly.  I've had a similar situation with dvd players playing back mp3's from a cd.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• large Marge sent me
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 08:04:52 AM »
Thats a good call.  I'll try renaming the files like chris recommended and see if that corrects the playback order.

It the first time I ever heard scarlet>drums>space>fire.  it was trippy ;-)

This thing sounds pretty good with the grados.  I wanted something that would play flacs directly but decided to get this so that I can use it as a backup 24/96 recorder and as the bit bucket for transfering DAT masters.  It was really nice listening to headphones last night without having to carry around the 722 or the laptop.  Just when I thought I was caught up reading TS, now I have a bunch of old MT threads to read this weekend.

update: 

I ran some tests.  file name or string depth has nothing to do with it.  the order in which a file set is written to the disk is the order in which the MT plays them.  I wrote a couple of directories.  They and their contents appeared and were played back in the write order, not the alphabetical order.  I erased the media and then wrote a bunch of shows in alphabetical order and the MT played them in the desired order.

not ideal, but at least there is a way to get it all setup for proper playback.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 08:29:16 PM by Lil' Kim Jong-Il »

Offline BC

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Bongo Bongo
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 09:48:11 PM »
when I drag files into flac frontend, the order gets skewed and the flacs get decompressed and written to the MT non-alphapbetical order. 

To encode them in the right order, don't drag them into frontend. Instead, in frontend click "add files", then click on the last file that you want added. Then hold down shift and click on the first file. This will add them in the correct order.

In: DPA4022>V3>Microtracker/D8

Out: Morrison ELAD>Adcom GFA555mkII>Martin Logan Aerius i

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.085 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com