Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Ipod cassette adapter  (Read 2330 times)

Offline Jhurlbs81

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My LMA collection
Ipod cassette adapter
« on: December 16, 2007, 08:29:42 PM »
Hey Guys,
   Not sure if this should go here, or on this forum at all since this is a car audio question, but- does anyone know how the cassette adapter for an ipod sounds?  Obviously it is not ideal, but how's the hiss?  Better than the FM transmitter I'd imagine..I'm not expecting it to be crystal clear, but I'm not too worried about perfect sound in my car.

Has anyone used one?

Thanks so much- :)
Jesse
FREE JERRYFREAK!

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Ipod cassette adapter
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 08:47:44 PM »
I just use one from an old discman and it works fine - but I have low standards for car audio :lol:
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Patrick

• Evil Urges, Baby.
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 09:34:35 PM »
I use one too for any source, really (plugs right into my R4 for great post-show listening).  It sounds much better than any FM transmitter that I've heard.  If your car still has a tape deck, I'd say do it.

Mine is from an old car kit for a portable CD player as well.  It is worth it's weight in gold to me, I use it everyday.
Monitor Engineer: Band of Horses, Cage the Elephant, Bruce Hornsby, The Head and the Heart, Josh Ritter

Live Music Archive Bookmarks

Offline Jhurlbs81

• Trade Count: (20)
    • My LMA collection
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 10:36:17 PM »
Cool, thanks guys!  Yeah, I was shocked but the car I'm thinking about buying has a 6 disc changer and a tape deck! (2003 Accord)

I've been so hesitant to buy an ipod and move to MP3s, but the convenience of having the majority of my music collection at my fingertips is becoming so appealing.  And I've come to find that high bit rate MP3s are fine for the car.

I'm going to look at this car tomorrow.  Hopefully, it works out.  Thanks for the replies.

Jesse
FREE JERRYFREAK!

Offline Tim

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 11:25:48 PM »
I have a six disc in the back of my jeep that runs via fm to my stereo. I also have a tape deck and always have my ipod with me. It's really great for road trips...
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline som

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 09:25:59 AM »
I have low standards for car audio :lol:

Same here....but oddly enough, that's where some of my most satisfying musical moments occur!
AT ES943/C's > Church Audio ST-9100 > iRiver H100 (Rockboxed)

Offline Tim

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 05:37:51 PM »
I don't need a little one to take the gym so I say get a big one so you don't have to worry about running out of space. I know others have different opinions on pluses and minuses though 

congrats on the new wheels!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com