Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Ultra-stealthing: mic attached directly to recorder?  (Read 1554 times)

Offline jmz93

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Ultra-stealthing: mic attached directly to recorder?
« on: August 02, 2006, 04:41:14 PM »
Hi folks.  For those situations when I don't want even wires running around, can I get something similar in design but better in quality to the T-mic that comes with the Microtrack 2496?  For those who don't have a Microtrack, I'm talking about the t-mic mounted directly on a 1/8" plug, so when attached, it just sits right on the end of the recorder. Just wondering if anybody makes something a little higher quality.
thanks for any suggestions,
Chris

Offline soundpro

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Ultra-stealthing: mic attached directly to recorder?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 10:39:29 PM »
Hello:

There are lots of better mic choices, but most would have cables to connect the mic to the recorder. We do offer a mic that plugs directly into the top of the MT2496 and does offer better sound quality, partly because we use better mic elements, and partly because we feed the audio into the TRS inputs instead of the mini input. If you want to take a look, here is a link to this:

http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/SP-MICROTRACK-MIC

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Chris Carfagno
The Sound Professionals
800-213-3021
chriscarfagno@soundprofessionals.com

Offline tfs8271

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Hand polished by Chris Lindsey
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 12:18:04 AM »
In some thread I'm not going to search for....Sorry. Love the XY. The handle probably adds to the quality of the recording.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 12:20:38 AM by tfs8271 »
A six pack a day, that's all we ask.

Neumann skm140>ACM Oade PMD660
or Oade Mod R4

Offline WiFiJeff

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I tape therefore I am.
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 08:40:25 AM »
In some thread I'm not going to search for....Sorry. Love the XY. The handle probably adds to the quality of the recording.

The Sony PCM D1.  Currently my stealth recorder of choice, though I go line-in from an MMA6000 and can't speak to the quality of the mics (have heard good things about them, but not in a music setting).  Does 24/96 and autosplits at 2 GB, though limited mow to 4GB until bigger memory sticks come out (8GB due any day now).  5 hours plus on 2700 mAh NiMH AAs, another 6+ with a small lithium "Smart Battery Pack"/flashlight, rolls power from external to internal when the levels drop.  Weird looking but easy to use.

Jeff

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com