Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: SP-BMC-12 --- opinions needed ...  (Read 1522 times)

Offline rocknix

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
SP-BMC-12 --- opinions needed ...
« on: October 04, 2007, 07:43:06 AM »
hi everyone,

I am thinking about buying a pair of these mics at soundpro-com. I`d like to combinate them with SP-SPSB-8 incl. bass-roll-off option and plug them either into my Sony D7 or edirol  R-09

now my questions:

1) does these setup cope with soundlevels while taping rock/metal shows ?
2) do I need a pre-gain increase to avoid overload at recorder input ?
3) SP FAQ says:
... Because of this, we have an option available on our full size and Slimline battery modules. This option allows the user to adjust the output of the battery module, effectively adjusting the recording level by changing the level of the signal going into the recorder. These controls are mounted inside the battery module to protect them from accidental movement while in a pocket or bag, and to protect them from the elements for a longer, noise-free life.. 
is it built in any box ? so why is there in option to choose the level control cable ???

just a bit confusing ...

I´d like to change from my OKM II-R + A3 because I cant wear them "in-ear" due to my ear protections I always use. Wearing them on a shirt or fixed to a baseball-cap or something always caused slight distortion in high level bass frequencies. I guess this is due to sonic coming backwards into the membrane and tries to move it from the front as well as from the back as the encapsulation provided by ears is missing. maybe I am wrong ... dont know. tried a lot of shows with a friend sitting just one seat beside me using exactly the same gear but with the mics "in ear" ... his recordings are not distorted in the slightest but mine.

any comment on my post appreciated ... thanks in advance, mario ///

Offline Liquid Drum

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: SP-BMC-12 --- opinions needed ...
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 06:22:31 PM »
Church Audio.  ;)

Get the set with OMNI caps if you're on a budget. You can always buy the card caps at a different time. But if you have the cash, get the mics with both sets of caps.

:)

You won't be disappointed!
Mics:
AT933/C

Batt-Boxes, Pre-amps:
CA-9100

Recorders:
Edirol R-09
iRiver H120 (CF Modded)
Sony MZ-RH910 Hi-MD

Video: Canon HV20 E

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com