Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Any way to remove brickwalling from a file?  (Read 1827 times)

Offline Erick del Valle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • what about this pair of stealthy mics?
Any way to remove brickwalling from a file?
« on: June 01, 2011, 08:41:39 PM »
Hello tapers

I need help, a friend of mine gave me some recordings where the level of the files is ok, but the sound of these is distorted, basically I need to remove the distortion to the files, is there a way to remove the brickwalling effect? commonly i use cool edit pro.

Thanks in advance!
Erick del Valle
Santiago de Chile

Offline DSatz

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Any way to remove brickwalling from a file?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 09:31:34 PM »
Depending on the severity of the distortion, you may well be able to improve the situation considerably. "Cool Edit Pro" (a long-orphaned product) later became Adobe Audition, and Audition has a "Clip restoration" feature in its Effects menu, under "Restoration."

But this feature may not have been in the product when it was still "Cool Edit Pro," in which case you might need to rely on someone who has Audition or other up-to-date software to help you with your file.

Also, the more severe the clipping (I do wish that people would stop inventing new terms for old, well-known phenomena), the less likely any software is to achieve a really natural-sounding result. But the annoyance factor can usually be reduced--sometimes even to the point where most people wouldn't notice (or at least wouldn't readily identify) the problem. So don't give up.

--best regards
music > microphones > a recorder of some sort

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.042 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com