Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AT853Rx batt box schematic  (Read 1737 times)

Offline nexus6

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • 'Policemen?'
AT853Rx batt box schematic
« on: June 09, 2004, 11:12:11 AM »
I have a pair of AT853Rxs (with the 48V conversion module, AT8533).  I want to get a small batt box to replace the bulky AT8533.  Can I salvage the innards of the 8533 modules to make a batt box or start from scratch?  I also have a DPA MPS6010 PS....the output voltage between the AT8533 and MPS6010 is 7-8V and 9-10V, respectively.  Can this be used instead (I know getting the microdot ends are a bitch)?  Any suggestions?  I want to cut the bulky Sax or PS2/AT8533 out of the mix.

ANDY

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: AT853Rx batt box schematic
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 11:19:30 AM »
I have a pair of AT853Rxs (with the 48V conversion module, AT8533).  I want to get a small batt box to replace the bulky AT8533.  Can I salvage the innards of the 8533 modules to make a batt box or start from scratch?  I also have a DPA MPS6010 PS....the output voltage between the AT8533 and MPS6010 is 7-8V and 9-10V, respectively.  Can this be used instead (I know getting the microdot ends are a bitch)?  Any suggestions?  I want to cut the bulky Sax or PS2/AT8533 out of the mix.

ANDY

:-o

I'm sure you could get a fair price for those AT8533s
You might be able to use that DPA box, you can always try.  Otherwise, SP sells the battery boxes for $40-60

Offline Weazel

• Taperssection Regular
  • sp-cmc-8-> DIY BB -> Iriver IHP120 (rockbox)
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 11:33:31 AM »

--------------||---------------------------hot--- (left)
               |           2.2 microfarad
from left mic  |           input capacitor
               |
 ---hot--------+----10k ohm-- "+"
                               \
 ---ground----------------------)---+--------------------shield-----
                               /    |
 ---hot--------+----10k ohm-- "+"  "-"
               |    resistor   9 volt
 from right mic|               battery
               |
               --------------||---------------------------hot--- (right)
                           1 microfarad
                           input capacitor

i made my own also and used 2 times 2.2 microfarad capacitor
-[ pop goes the weazel ...]-

Offline leegeddy

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 02:27:28 PM »

ANDY

andy;
you're really going to sacrifice dynamics and spl handling if you go with a battbox for those at853s.  i stealth with a beyerdynamic mv100 which is EXACTLY the same as a Sax size wise.  you can easily stealth with the combo you got.

marc
"I'm a taper, he's a taper. Wouldn't you like to be a taper too?"
"Mics? What mics? This is my hat."

Offline nexus6

• Taperssection Regular
  • 'Policemen?'
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 05:36:13 PM »
marc,
I feel on my body that the sax is the difference between 'joy stealthing' and 'donkey-ass stealthing', it takes too much room up with the cords comming and going.  I want to get rid of it.  I have a dual mod oade SBM and the mic-pre mod is actually pretty sweet.  I can do without the Sax in some situations I feel.
If the AT8533 and the Sax out, I envision a little box like Len's batt box, secure and bomb proof. 

weazel,
can you chalk up that diagram in Illustrator or something (thanks for posting it, it is still a bit confusing).  I would (and I am sure others) would appreciate it. Do you know the final Voltage output on that circuit would be?

ANDY

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com