Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DVD-A conversion batch scripts?  (Read 10506 times)

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: DVD-A conversion batch scripts?
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2005, 11:18:23 AM »
ok, one more dumb question.

how much audio can you fit on one dvd time wise?  seems like i should be able to get a little over 2 hours on one disc, right?

all depends on the sample rate. 

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2005, 11:19:44 AM »
no gaps

Offline sleepypedro

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2005, 11:31:06 AM »
Sleepy, this looks pretty awesome man!  I'm gonna give this a shot when I get home from work later, but I have a couple questions in the meantime...

a) will this work with any sample rate on the input files?   As you fully know, the R-1 is 44.1 - do I have to upsample to 48 before running this process?

b) how does the program know/sort the input files to make sure they are in the correct order in the .iso?  Is there a specific file-naming convention that needs to be followed?

This is the shiznits man!  +T

good questions!  i've only fed it 24/96 files so far -- and lacking a software playback tool, i really don't know how it would treat 44.1 files.  (i've got an r1 as well, so this is probably something i'll be concerned with Real Soon Now also.)  best i can do is ask you to try it tonight and see how it behaves?  :-)

as for naming conventions, i'd make sure the files are named sequentially, eg t01.wav, t02.wav, t03.wav etc.  OR  ween_0501716_t01.wav, ween_0501716_t02.wav, ween_0501716_t03.wav.

and look, before this thread goes any further i just want to make sure people know i have nothing to do with the development of the binaries that actually prepare the .iso image, all i did was write a little winky two line batch file because i couldn't get someone else's batch file to work for me as documented earlier in the thread!  all thanks and praises belong to the guy who develops the dvd-audio project, and to scott brown for putting me on the right track!

but yeah, if this works for folks, i'd love to see the means to create a dvd-a .iso image contained within 24/96 filesets we seed out.  might as well make it simple for folks and take the learning curve out of the equation entirely!   ;D

http://dvd-audio.sourceforge.net/

Offline scb

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2005, 11:37:53 AM »
it'll handle 44.1 fine.  it does all dvd-a rates, which are 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192

maybe i'll try to whip up a windows GUI tonight.  it'll have to be simple 1 group for now, not all 9 groups like the mac GUI does

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2005, 11:40:30 AM »
Nice.  You guys rule.  I wish I had 1/200th the skill you guys have.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2005, 11:50:04 AM »
gotta have the ween folder in the c:\ directory, not in any other folders

actually not true --

%cd%\make_dvd-a\dvda-author -o DVD -g *.flac

the %cd% part of the code above is a windows environment variable, returning whatever the Current Directory is, so even if it's nested in /blah/blah/blah/timbuktu it should still work.  (i just tested it, and it does)

if you want to email me privately, we can try to figure out what's going on with your situation.  but it is good to know that you got it working when the folder is at the root of the volume.

i'll see what happens when i try it on my desktop, i was just doing it on my lappy that i have with me at work.  once, i get out of work, i'll have more time to diagnose the problems.  honestly tho, i don't mind moving the folder over to the root if i can't figure it out.

all depends on the sample rate. 

i'm too lazy to look but i thought 24/96 was 2gb's an hour roughly, thats kinda what i was going on, so i shoudl be able to get a little over 2 hours for a 24/96 disc, right?  more hours for a lower sample rate.  woot!

as for naming conventions, i'd make sure the files are named sequentially, eg t01.wav, t02.wav, t03.wav etc.  OR  ween_0501716_t01.wav, ween_0501716_t02.wav, ween_0501716_t03.wav.

sweet, i was kind of assuming that as long as they were sequential all would be good.

i'm going to burn the ween show once i get home and see what happens with the gaps, but i'll believe scott for the time being and assume that its gapless.

it'll handle 44.1 fine.  it does all dvd-a rates, which are 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192

maybe i'll try to whip up a windows GUI tonight.  it'll have to be simple 1 group for now, not all 9 groups like the mac GUI does

nice, a windows gui will probably make this a pretty hot program in the upcoming months with everyone going from 16 > 24 lately.

awesome job guys, makes burning a dvda really easy.  +t's to all involved.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline scb

Re: DVD-A conversion GUI For Windows
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2005, 10:37:42 PM »
any windows users want to be my guinea pig?

http://199.224.117.240/~scb/DVD-Audiofile0.1win.zip

written on my mac (took a bit to get the windows details worked out on the mac), compiled on my work windows machine via vpn and remote desktop.  it worked on that machine

drop files onto the file list.  it'll sort them by filename and they'll be in that order on the disc.   tell it to make an image, tell with directory to make the image in.  it'll author the disc into a DVD folder and then make the image.iso. 

1. i hope it works
2. if it does, it's a VERY early version.  the mac version has all 9 groups and tells the user how long the audio is and how much space it'll take up (so you know what can fit on the disc).  if this works, i'll add that to this sometime

« Last Edit: October 26, 2005, 10:40:31 PM by scott brown »

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2005, 11:24:20 PM »
OK, I'll test it, but it'll have to be tomorrow.  I wasn't able to get the other one to work, but I think it was becuase of my stupidity, not becuase of the program.  For that process, the input files had to be flacs (it would stop because the "flac decoder" couldn't find *.flac), but when I tried to use FLAC frontend to encode my 24/44.1 files, it wouldn't work.  Do I need to download something in order to be able to encode 24/44.1 into FLACs?

Since I was stuck with this route, I did get one to work using Wavelab.  Although, this process seems much more streamlined (especially if the input file can be .wavs), so I'd like to contribute any assistance w/ testing...
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Ed.

• FJ Baby!
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2005, 10:20:26 AM »
i got the other one to work with peter's ween files, now i'm trying scott's with the skalinder's 24bit mmj.  everything seems to be working right now when its making the .iso file.  i won't have time to burn it tho cuz i have to go to work, but i'll try that this afternoon when i get home.

the ween dvd-a i made is playing perfectly tho, no gaps no problems.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline scb

Offline Ed.

• FJ Baby!
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2005, 11:46:23 AM »

Offline scb

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2005, 12:20:43 PM »
just progress bars and status

Offline Ed.

• FJ Baby!
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2005, 12:26:34 PM »
awesome, i was going to recommend a status bar.

as soon as i get out of work at 3:30, i'll try burning the iso and see what happens.  but i'm sure it'll work like a charm.  thanks for the GUI scott, i wish i had skills to do that stuff.  +t again.

Offline BJ

• been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding the cretins cloning and feeding
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • They're baaack! ??
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2005, 01:46:08 PM »
Scott, what are you doing this in?  java?  c?  just wondering!  im going to try this out when i get home from Denver.....NICE...the dvd-a instead of the video-dvd's would be great....not sure if there is any actual sound difference?? but just having the dvd-a's would make me feel better  ;D ;D
Auditory
Intake  waves -> 0/1's -> waves
it's magic 

Offline scb

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2005, 03:06:42 PM »
my boss is going to kill me for nto doing real work

http://199.224.117.240/~scb/DVD-Audiofile0.3win.zip

written in java

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.088 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com