Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Windows 10  (Read 15618 times)

Offline rocksuitcase

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • RockSuitcase: stage photography
Re: Windows 10
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2015, 11:25:32 AM »
I wonder how long before MS starts charging a monthly fee to use their OS?

They can't really do that unless Apple does it as well.

I think they are planning on making their money the way everyone else does (Android/Apple). Charge a little bit for basic apps, Ads based on your habits, etc. They already do the monthly thing for Office. Adobe is moving that way for their apps too. I think they all will go to the monthly subscription for the big apps in order to reduce/eliminate piracy.

I would guess OS's will become free for something with basics apps only and if you want to do anything worthwhile you will have to pay a monthly subscription.

Ideally they scrap the whole Windows 10, 11, 12 and just make it Windows and upgrade it with new features when they are ready to go.
Funny reading mis comprehension just happened for me: I read the bold above, and probably because I feel M$ is so BS, I read it as "reduce/eliminate" PRIVACY. After 20 years I currently feel the internet was allowed to advance to the public arena specifically because of its' future ability of mass surveillance. To top it all off, they had thousands of people (developers) create apps and other tools which are most helpful in keeping track of people.  >:D

So Al Gore DID invent the internet after all! ;)
Ha HA LOL. NOOOOOOOOOO, that is one of the stupidest misinterpretations of his speech ever.
I know you are "joking", but to my point,  the internet is derived from an earlier iteration named the DARPAnet, which was a Dep't of Defense method of communication which was also allowed to be used by research organizations (such As IBM PARC, Bell Labs, MIT, JPL, etc) by the early 1980's communication traffic was increasing to the point they needed another method to carry the signals- thus tcp/ip (Ethernet) was invented. Partially invented by my hero and co-founder of 3COM, Bob Metcalfe. His story is highlighted in this WIRED article from several years ago.
http://archive.wired.com/wired/archive/6.11/metcalfe_pr.html
Long story VERY short- I tried to start a company that would use the internet as a business tool in 1997. By the time 1998 rolled around, we were told by the VP of Marketing at SONY US, that the "internet is a fad". I had found Metcalfe's work in the early 1990's and followed his rise to fame, then fall from grace at 3COM. I/we utilized his futuristic thinking to advance our ideas of community and travel information which ultimately failed as a business (Rocksuitcase)  He is now one of the founders of the TED talks and is one of the most influential people in the tech world. (and tonedeaf, he lives near you, on a 4,000 acre sheep farm near Kennebunkport).
In the end, I have realized the internet and data based communications have been evolved and furthered probably solely with the intent of spying on those of us who have enough money to purchase their devices. (And yes, I realize this is CT type of stuff, but after 20 years of using the internet, I am truly coming to this realization, including that I was an unwitting part of it!)
music IS love

When you get confused, listen to the music play!

Mics:         AKG460|CK61|CK1|CK3|CK8|Beyer M 201E|DPA 4060 SK
Recorders:Marantz PMD661 OADE Concert mod; Tascam DR680 MKI x2; Sony PCM-M10

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (62)
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2016, 10:03:07 AM »
In regards to Windows 10 and audio software.  Has anyone had any problems with CDWave, Traders Little Helper (TLH) and EAC- Exact Audio Copy working as expected with W-10?  I would be upgrading from Windows 7 -> Windows 10.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 10:04:48 AM by dactylus »
hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

Offline Life In Rewind

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • www.rovingsign.com
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2016, 10:09:55 AM »
In regards to Windows 10 and audio software.  Has anyone had any problems with CDWave, Traders Little Helper (TLH) and EAC- Exact Audio Copy working as expected with W-10?  I would be upgrading from Windows 7 -> Windows 10.

No. TLH and CD wave work fine...

Havent used EAC recently - but it appears to be still maintained...think I've heard it works...

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (62)
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2016, 10:27:08 AM »

No. TLH and CD wave work fine...

Havent used EAC recently - but it appears to be still maintained...think I've heard it works...

Thank you!

hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

Offline rodeen

• Trade Count: (34)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Harmonica Man!
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2016, 11:40:42 AM »
Anyone running Samplitude with Windows 10?  I am running Samplitude 11.2 on Windows 7 currently.  Also, I use a USB dongle for activation.

TIA for any advice.
"It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"
[LMA]: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22odeen%22&sort=-date

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.08 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com