Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: batteryspace batterys DOA! (they took care of me!)  (Read 10797 times)

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • ... A broken angel sings from a guitar
    • LightCraft Photography
batteryspace batterys DOA! (they took care of me!)
« on: April 14, 2004, 10:51:11 PM »
2 brand new 9.6v 3000MA batterys from batteryspace delivered today http://batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=375&HS=1 .  Dead!  I'm so pissed (or so studpid... not sure which yet)!  I put them on the charger right away when they showed up.  Both registered full charge.  I built all my cables (for ua5, jb3 and svu-2) plugged it all in and started scratching my head.  Tested all my cables, and did a test on the batterys... both dead.  Do I need to do something to these batterys to make them work the first time?

Matt
« Last Edit: April 15, 2004, 12:26:42 PM by mmmatt »
I do think taping is the reality of the business..it is also an impetus for artists to create studio CDs that are ART, not just another recording...    Fareed Haque  2-4-2005

Canon 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 135 f2L, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 50 f1.8, > Canon 5D or Canon xt (digi) and Canon 1N (film)

Offline mirth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Les Hommes Savvent Pourquois
Re:batteryspace batterys DOA!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 11:06:57 PM »
how do you know the batteries are dead? use a multimeter on them to check voltage?
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 11:14:22 PM »
no multimeter, I used a tester that looks like a screwdriver with a point at the end, an aligator clip out the back and a light in the handle.  The light lit on both the charger lead, and a 9v alkaline.
Matt
I do think taping is the reality of the business..it is also an impetus for artists to create studio CDs that are ART, not just another recording...    Fareed Haque  2-4-2005

Canon 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 135 f2L, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 50 f1.8, > Canon 5D or Canon xt (digi) and Canon 1N (film)

Offline mirth

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2004, 11:19:07 PM »
Charge them overnight anyhow... did your tester thingamabob light up on the batteries?
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2004, 11:20:07 PM »
nothing on the new bats... only the alkaline and the charger lead.

Matt

Offline mirth

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2004, 11:25:07 PM »
d'oh! maybe something's messed up inside the packs. Odd you'd get two defective units though... Wonder if they'd cross ship a replacement pair to ya

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2004, 11:34:27 PM »
I sure hope... I've got a show on the 20th... I already wrote an e-mail.  I thought 2 dead ones was strange also, but I can't think of any reason I would be wrong about this.  If mine are dead, the probably had a whole batch, and I'm not the only pissed off hombre.
+T for your instant input!

Matt

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2004, 11:35:08 PM »
your avitar looks good... I think it's time for a beer!

Offline mirth

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2004, 11:37:48 PM »
+T back for your troubles.... Too bad you can't find that beer outside of BeNeLux

Offline ChrisV

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Proud member of team 'Lux!
    • My Taping Webpage
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2004, 12:06:49 AM »
Hey Matt,
I also ordered the exact same items from Batteryspace and they arrived a couple days ago.  But they screwed up and gave me the wrong charger(a Ni-MH AAA/AA one instead of the RC pack smart charger).   So I have to wait for them to send me another charger.   Haven't had a chance to try out the batteries but hopefully I am not in the same situation.
http://taping.4t.com
http://db.etree.org/CV
Superlux CM-H8K/C/H/O -> digimod UA-5 -> JB3

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2004, 12:16:03 AM »
yes... keep me posted.  It's better to bitch in numbers!

Matt

Offline mirth

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2004, 12:17:12 AM »
With as much fluffing they get here, they'd best stay on the right side of the tapirs! ;)

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2004, 12:31:32 AM »
yes... I already mentioned that I "have my thumb on the pulse of the taping community"!  Can't hurt right?

Matt

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
    • LightCraft Photography
Re:batteryspace batterys DOA! (they took care of me!)
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2004, 12:27:51 PM »
Just got a call.  They are sending two new batteries 2nd day air with a return shipping tag.  VERY GOOD SERVICE!!!!

Matt

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
Re:batteryspace batterys DOA! (they took care of me!)
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2004, 11:09:49 AM »
very cool of em
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com