Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: CDs of Etree shows  (Read 1648 times)

Offline eddie20850

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
CDs of Etree shows
« on: December 05, 2015, 03:06:30 PM »
I want to import my CDs of shows that I downloaded from etree yrs ago then burned to cds.  I deleted the files after I burned them.  Dumb i know.  Many years later now, I want to bring those files into my external NAS in Windows.  How should I do it?  I'm getting a error using WinAmp about encoder or whatever as I try ripping.  The etree wiki is much help.  Is WinAmp bad to use.  EAC doesn't support FLAC-do i need FLAC like i did when i downloaded the shows?  I have Sony Sound Forge that came with my M10, but it didn't have FLAC either.  I'm very confused obviously.  Can someone steer me to a wiki or just the steps to do this properly.  Alot is available on archive i know, except this 1 certain very popular jam band that won't allow their music on it.  I hope those many that read this are a few that can help. Jerry Christmas and Happy New Weir ???
Thanks

Offline Fried Chicken Boy

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: CDs of Etree shows
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 03:56:16 PM »
You don't "need" to use FLAC but it's probably the best idea if you'd like to keep your files lossless, tagged, and taking up less space than WAV files. 

You can use EAC and rip to FLAC; EAC supports external FLAC encoding (states it HERE on the "Features" page).  HydrogenAudio walks you through it on this page. > http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=EAC_and_FLAC

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com