Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Adobe Audition [beta] now available for Mac  (Read 5665 times)

Offline DigiGal

• AES Associate Member
  • Trade Count: (30)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Stay healthy and safe!
    • DigiGal Internet Archive Recordings
Adobe Audition [beta] now available for Mac
« on: November 09, 2010, 11:45:08 PM »
Adobe Audition [beta] now available for Mac.

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/audition/
Mics: AKG CK91/CK94/CK98/SE300 D-330BT | DPA 4060 4061 4266 | Neumann TLM 103 | Senn ME66/K6/K6RD MKE2 MD421 MD431 | Shure VP88 SM7B SM63L SM58 Anniversary Cables: Gotham GAC-4/1 Quad w/Neutrik EMC | Gotham GAC-2pair w/AKG MK90/3 connectors | DigiGal AES>S/PDIF cable Preamp: SD MixPre-D Recorders: SD MixPre 6 | Marantz PMD 661 Edit: 2011 27" 3.4GHz Quad i7 iMac High Sierra | 2020 13" MBA Quad i7 Catalina | Wave Editor | xACT | Transmission | FCP X 

Offline acidjack

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (37)
Re: Adobe Audition [beta] now available for Mac
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 02:23:15 PM »
This is truly excellent news. Thanks!
Mics: Schoeps MK4V, MK41V, MK5, MK22> CMC6, KCY 250/5, KC5, NBob; MBHO MBP603/KA200N, AT 3031, DPA 4061 w/ d:vice, Naiant X-X, AT 853c, shotgun, Nak300
Pres/Power: Aerco MP2, tinybox v2  [KCY], CA-UBB
Decks: Sound Devices MixPre 6, Zoom F8, M10, D50

My recordings on nyctaper.com: http://www.nyctaper.com/?tag=acidjack | LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/acidjack | twitter: http://www.twitter.com/acidjacknyc | Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/acidjacknyc

Offline Cheesecadet

• Trade Count: (21)
  • http://db.etree.org/cheesecadet
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 03:25:56 PM »
FINALLY!!!!!!!!
AKG 481's, DPA 4061's (Matched), AT ES933's w/ AT853-ELE's (SC/C/O), ECM-19B's, MixPre-3, A10, M10 x 2, Hi Ho Silvers, Various Darktrain & GAKables

Vinyl:
Fluance RT83 Reference > MCS 3230 Receiver > Realistic MC-500's (NOS)

Upcoming:
04/22 Howie Day
05/04 Harry Mack (?)
05/10 Adam Bodine Quartet
06/07 Bill Frisell Trio
06/08 Common
06/19 Sensational Barnes Brothers
06/20 Adam Bodine Quintet
07/19 Chali 2na & Cut Chemist
07/30 Tomorrows Bad Seeds

Offline spyder9

• Trade Count: (82)
  • "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 05:05:30 PM »
This Mac version is the first of its kind for Audition.  3.0 is PC only.  According to the Adobe forums, Audition 4.0 will be rolled out with both Mac and PC versions.  This beta means 4.0's debut  is getting closer..........

Thanks for the update.   :)   

Offline Cheesecadet

• Trade Count: (21)
  • http://db.etree.org/cheesecadet
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 12:04:42 AM »
So here is a question for you all who know more than I do about these things...but on the download details page it says this:

Is there any activation required for the Audition for Mac beta software download?
No. Because there is a no serial number, no activation is required. However, the software will automatically expire at the end of the beta trial period.

Now how is that possible?  Once you have the program on your HD and are running it...how would it expire automatically?

I'll buy it anyway...but i am really curious if this is even possible.

AKG 481's, DPA 4061's (Matched), AT ES933's w/ AT853-ELE's (SC/C/O), ECM-19B's, MixPre-3, A10, M10 x 2, Hi Ho Silvers, Various Darktrain & GAKables

Vinyl:
Fluance RT83 Reference > MCS 3230 Receiver > Realistic MC-500's (NOS)

Upcoming:
04/22 Howie Day
05/04 Harry Mack (?)
05/10 Adam Bodine Quartet
06/07 Bill Frisell Trio
06/08 Common
06/19 Sensational Barnes Brothers
06/20 Adam Bodine Quintet
07/19 Chali 2na & Cut Chemist
07/30 Tomorrows Bad Seeds

Offline mmedley.

• is on a salty highway burning up a lucky streak
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • CAR RAMROD
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 07:00:42 PM »
Timer, and they are smart enough to know so you cannot move the computer clock back either.

In a semi-related note, Wavelab 7 for Mac is now shipping. The new version looks to be quite impressive and completely awesome. I think you can download a free trial of it too that is good for 30 days. :)
I don't know just where I'm going
But I'm gonna try for the kingdom, if I can

Offline ashevillain

• Trade Count: (25)
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 12:27:20 PM »
 :'(

On behalf of the entire Adobe Audition team, we want to thank you for your use of the product and the valuable feedback you provided during the Adobe Audition for Mac beta program. Your contributions help us create better products that meet your needs.

We want to let you know that the Adobe Audition for Mac beta will no longer be available as of May 2, 2011 and will no longer work as of May 14, 2011. In order to keep using Adobe Audition for Mac after that date, you will need to purchase Adobe Audition CS5.5.

Many of you have used Adobe audio products in the past. To thank you for your continued support of Adobe audio products, we have developed an upgrade plan that allows you to upgrade to Adobe Audition CS5.5 at the discounted price of $99 USD. Upgrade eligibility is as follows:

Soundbooth users:
If you own Adobe Soundbooth CS5, CS4, or CS3, you are eligible to upgrade to Adobe Audition CS5.5 for $99USD*.

Adobe Audition users:
If you own Adobe Audition CS3, CS2, or 1.5, you are eligible to upgrade to Adobe Audition CS5.5 for $99USD*.

In both cases, cross-grading is available. This means that regardless of which platform you own, you will be able to select Mac OS or Windows at the time of upgrade.

If you do not own one of the Adobe Audition or Soundbooth versions listed above, you can purchase Adobe Audition CS5.5 for $349USD*.

Offline spyder9

• "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 09:11:11 PM by spyder9 »

Offline ashevillain

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 09:16:24 PM »
The NEW Adobe Audition CS5.5

http://www.adobe.com/products/audition.html

Video:

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/cs-55-production-premium-feature-tour-/whats-new-in-audition-cs55/

Unfortunately is is $349 for people who aren't upgrading from one of the previous versions. :( I've become so accustomed to using it over the past few months that I don't know what I'm gonna do now. After the beta expired I tried everything else I could find a Mac copy of (Audacity, Amadeus, Wave Editor, Wavelab to name a few) and nothing does it for me like Audition. I'm currently on the free 31 day trial and then I guess I'll be looking elsewhere because I don't have $349 to drop on software. I still love Sound Studio for 2 channel work and minimal editing but for 4 channel and more editing options Audition is the best I've used.

Offline spyder9

• "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 12:24:28 AM »
The big difference when compared to 3.0:  SPEED

Absolutely flies when performing edits.  Fastest version yet.

Agreed $349 is a bit steep.  Trial version is free to play with.  That's what I did.  Trial version caps at 22:10 when working on 24/44.1 file.  Also, not all the features are present, like some of the Stereo Imaging edits are not in the Trial version.     
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 12:28:16 AM by spyder9 »

Offline hummat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Videos in Progress or Completed
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 08:13:20 AM »
You can always look at Logic Express, whcih is about half that $-wise.

-j

Offline ashevillain

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 08:40:45 AM »
The big difference when compared to 3.0:  SPEED

Absolutely flies when performing edits.  Fastest version yet.

Agreed $349 is a bit steep.  Trial version is free to play with.  That's what I did.  Trial version caps at 22:10 when working on 24/44.1 file.  Also, not all the features are present, like some of the Stereo Imaging edits are not in the Trial version.     

I don't have the same limitations in the trial. I did 3 different 24/96 4 channel multitrack mixes yesterday all with no issue (they ranged from 45:00 to 1:30:00). Not sure about the Stereo Imagery menu. The only thing in there is the Center Channel Extractor, but I don't need that stuff right now anyway. Most of what I use is in the Amplitude & Compression menu and that stuff is all there. Although I did use the 'Heal' function for some drum hits that the soundguy had too hot at the start of a show and it worked perfectly....like those pops never happened.

Offline spyder9

• "Are you Zman?"
    • My Archived shows
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 08:59:36 PM »
Where's the "heal" function under?  I need that for a show where the drums were hot.

I used the Channel Mixer in Stereo Imagery to patch channel drops.  The Stereo Field rotate and Stereo Panner was a nice feature t0o.  They appeared to be dropped from this version or maybe moved under another menu. 
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 09:05:52 PM by spyder9 »

Offline ashevillain

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 11:51:44 PM »
Where's the "heal" function under?  I need that for a show where the drums were hot.

I used the Channel Mixer in Stereo Imagery to patch channel drops.  The Stereo Field rotate and Stereo Panner was a nice feature t0o.  They appeared to be dropped from this version or maybe moved under another menu. 

Keep in mind this all may be different if you're on Windows...I'm using the trial version of CS 5.5 for Mac:

- The Auto Heal function is on it's own sub heading under the Effects menu. It worked really well for a couple pops from some hot drums in the SBD tracks I recorded...fixed perfectly. Didn't do a very good job of fixing the resulting static from the PA in the AUD counterpart though so I just left that. (note: my levels did not overload on either SBD or AUD tracks)

- The Channel Mixer is under Effects menu > Amplitude and Compression sub menu. I used this to sum a very unbalanced SBD feed to mono (drums were on R and everything else on L. Not your typical SBD feed.) It does seem like this would be better placed under the Stereo Imagery sub menu.

I don't see either of the Stereo Field or Stereo Panner in my trial version. Maybe you could try to find a plug-in that would work similarly?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.071 seconds with 42 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com