Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Wavelab 5.0 How to create a matrix mix (tutorial link inside)...  (Read 7188 times)

Offline T.J.

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Always look on the Bright Side of Life
    • My shows taped on LMA
Re: Wavelab 5.0 How to create a matrix mix (tutorial link inside)...
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2006, 12:24:37 PM »
okay, i now need to figure something out. when i mixed my two sources the sample size changed from 16 to 32 bit ( i guess b/c i rendered two 16 bit sources) anyway, how do i change this back to 16 bit in wavelab 5.0? i'm assuming this will change the quality of the wav file

RebelRebel

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2006, 12:55:49 PM »
okay, i now need to figure something out. when i mixed my two sources the sample size changed from 16 to 32 bit ( i guess b/c i rendered two 16 bit sources) anyway, how do i change this back to 16 bit in wavelab 5.0? i'm assuming this will change the quality of the wav file

it works with 32 bit float..you do a dither to get from 32 to 16(in the master section, choose your dither scheme, then render...). if you want to change that  32 bit float option..
go to options>preferences>file and youll see a drop down menu.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 12:59:12 PM by Teddy »

Offline T.J.

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Always look on the Bright Side of Life
    • My shows taped on LMA
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2006, 09:13:39 PM »

it works with 32 bit float..you do a dither to get from 32 to 16(in the master section, choose your dither scheme, then render...). if you want to change that  32 bit float option..

thanks for the response teddy. i tried to dither my file to 16 bit, but i haven't been able to do it. i am learning how to use wavelab, so i must be doing something wrong. i have opened my wav file, selected to dither, intern, noise type (off), noise shape (off), and output bit resolution (16). i click on render and chose the whole file. when i did an analysis using the bit meter the file is still 32 bits. what am i doing wrong?

Offline Tye

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • No news is good gnews without Gary Gnu
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2006, 09:56:10 PM »
Very nice tutorial Mike! +T
 Does anyone know to do this Wavelab 3.0? My brother n law gave this version  to me and I would like to do a couple matrix's if I can . Everything seems to be very close 3.0 vs 5.0
Peluso cemc6/ck-21/ck-4 > Karma K10mp > Hydra's > Sound Devices MP-2> Buman T mod R4 - R9HR

RebelRebel

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2006, 04:30:04 AM »
you have to select the file header within the sub menu as well...do "create new file" and then there is a drop down list that will show you the different options.

thanks for the response teddy. i tried to dither my file to 16 bit, but i haven't been able to do it. i am learning how to use wavelab, so i must be doing something wrong. i have opened my wav file, selected to dither, intern, noise type (off), noise shape (off), and output bit resolution (16). i click on render and chose the whole file. when i did an analysis using the bit meter the file is still 32 bits. what am i doing wrong?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com