Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Toast Titanium 8 for OSX  (Read 6129 times)

Offline mr_friendly

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Toast Titanium 8 for OSX
« on: January 19, 2007, 02:53:54 PM »
Any Toast users upgraded to ver. 8 yet? Apparently it adds some of the more advanced functionality from Jam now (normalization, cross-fades, track trimming, etc). I'm not clear on whether you can manually adjust L-R channels independently like in Jam.

I'm also not clear on whether I can now burn 48 kHz/24-bit DVD-Audio discs. According to this help file it will automatically downsample uncompressed PCM Audio to 48/16, unless you manually change the default to 96/24. Is there an option for 48/24? And does it automatically burn DVD-Audio discs as DAO?

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/General%20Information/000012T

-Jason

Offline darby

• Trade Count: (108)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Support artists and venues that allow recording
Re: Toast Titanium 8 for OSX
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 04:30:00 PM »
Any Toast users upgraded to ver. 8 yet? Apparently it adds some of the more advanced functionality from Jam now (normalization, cross-fades, track trimming, etc). I'm not clear on whether you can manually adjust L-R channels independently like in Jam.

I'm also not clear on whether I can now burn 48 kHz/24-bit DVD-Audio discs. According to this help file it will automatically downsample uncompressed PCM Audio to 48/16, unless you manually change the default to 96/24. Is there an option for 48/24? And does it automatically burn DVD-Audio discs as DAO?

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/General%20Information/000012T

-Jason

I was thinking about it this week but I'm not ready to spend the $80... maybe I should
currently Toast7 downsamples to 16 bit and puts 2 second gaps between tracks :flaming:

I am not the only Mac user having this problem
so if these problems are fixed with 8 I'm all over it

if you get it_ keep us posted thanks!

Offline wbrisette

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Homepage
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 09:13:34 AM »
Based on the text of the KB document, it sounds like there isn't an option for 24/48. I'm still using the older version of Toast and won't upgrade. I see zero value in it. I still use Toast for CDs and for DVD-A discs I use DVD-AudioFile.

Wayne
Mics: Earthworks SR-77 (MP), QTC-1 (MP)

Editing: QSC RMX2450, MOTU 2408 MK3, Earthworks Sigma 6.2

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Taperssection Member
  • Photographer:Jim Marshall - Jerry @ Woodstock
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 01:07:18 PM »
Hey darby why don't you take 2 second gaps between tracks out. I use Toast 7.0.2 and I do all the time.If you need help with that just pm me.

-Brain
MBHO KA200 N / KA500 HN > Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives > MBHO 603 A > Van Den Hul The Second >  SD722

coming soon Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives

Show I taped on archive.org http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/deadhead6216

"We're the first generation that's really capable of saving this music forever. Now is the time because we finally have the digital technology that allows us to preserve it indefinitely. It's also the critical time to do this because the older recordings are really deteriorating. It's an opportunity and it's also a serious responsibility, future generations will hold us responsible for what we do or do not do as far as preserving th

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 08:08:52 AM »
i have toast 8
i have only used it a couple of times though, i was using 6 before
you can def burn DAO, although it puts a 2 sec gap everytime and you have to change it
you can burn flacs direct to audio disc
you can transfer tivo programs to your comp and burn them direct
you can export tivo prgrams to iPod video format
yuo can compress dvd9 to dvd5

again i had 6 and its totally different then 6, not sure about 7

edit there is a way to burn dvd audio disc but i don't have files to try it so i can't help you, but there is def dvd audio disc as a choice
edit 2 i checked the "more options" 96/24, 48/24, 48/16 are the options you can pick
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 08:14:28 AM by willndmb »
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 09:41:15 AM »
I just downloaded it.

I've got some 24/48 files on my HD right now that need to be burned...I was gonna go the DVD-Audiofile route, but I'll try Toast first and report back.
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline bgalizio

• http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/spyboychoir
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 09:56:54 AM »
I feel no need to upgrade from 7. I don't have a Tivo (use a different DVR), so that feature doesn't matter to me. Burning CDs currently requires you to change the 2 sec gap to 0 every time - sounds like that hasn't changed. For DVD-A burning, I just use DVD-Audiofile, which works very well.

Offline Nick Graham

• Amorican
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 10:10:30 AM »
When burning a DVD-Audio disc, it does have bit depth/sample rate choices, there are also choices for setting the between track gaps on DVD-A....unfortunately "0 seconds" isn't one them. Sigh, still no DAO DVD-A with Toast.
Right now nothing...in the past: Schoeps CMC6, AKG 480, AKG 460, AKG 414, MBHO 603a, Neumann KM100, ADK TL>Schoeps MK4, Schoeps MK2, Schoeps MK41, AKG ck61, AKG ck62, AKG ck63, Neumann AK40, Neumann AK50, MBHO ka200>Lunatec V2, Lunatec V3, Apogee Mini-Me, Oade M148, Oade M248, Sound Devices MP2, Sonosax SXM2>Sony (mod)SBM1, Apogee AD500>D7, D8, D100, M1, R1, R4, R09, iRiver HP120, Microtrack

Offline darby

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 11:07:12 AM »
When burning a DVD-Audio disc, it does have bit depth/sample rate choices, there are also choices for setting the between track gaps on DVD-A....unfortunately "0 seconds" isn't one them. Sigh, still no DAO DVD-A with Toast.

thanks Nick
I'm glad I haven't PURCHASED it  yet :P
Macs are great...
but this 2 second gap seems to be an issue for all of us

Offline taper420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 03:43:45 PM »
Yeah, that 2 second gap was def. a pain in 7. Had to use DVD studio pro to make what i wanted. Guess I won't be upgrading either. Also it should be noted that Toast doesn't burn DVD-A's, it burns Music DVD's, which will play on any DVD video player... not the same structure as the DVD-A's, which only plays on DVD Audio players.

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2007, 04:50:59 PM »
Yeah, that 2 second gap was def. a pain in 7. Had to use DVD studio pro to make what i wanted. Guess I won't be upgrading either. Also it should be noted that Toast doesn't burn DVD-A's, it burns Music DVD's, which will play on any DVD video player... not the same structure as the DVD-A's, which only plays on DVD Audio players.
ahhhhh good to know
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 10:23:23 AM »

huh?

Offline darby

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2007, 05:46:32 PM »

huh?

everyone I know who has tried to burn music DVDs
in Toast has not been able to overcome this issue with
2 second gaps being INSERTED between tracks
even though the prefs are set  to 0
is this a music DVD issue that can be overcome
by burning as a DVDA... any ideas?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 05:49:26 PM by darby »

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007, 11:05:36 PM »
oh, i've never burned a music dvd.  i burn audio cds or dvd-audio discs

Offline mr_friendly

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2007, 02:30:16 PM »

huh?

everyone I know who has tried to burn music DVDs
in Toast has not been able to overcome this issue with
2 second gaps being INSERTED between tracks
even though the prefs are set  to 0
is this a music DVD issue that can be overcome
by burning as a DVDA... any ideas?

Maybe we need to take this issue directly to Roxio. Burning Music CDs as DAO has long been a feature of Toast/Jam, so I don't know why this same functionality can't be available for Music DVDs.

I'm still using Toast/Jam ver. 5, so in spite of the above issue an upgrade might be in order for me if only to get something that will run better on a MacBook Pro. And if you order through Amazon now the upgrade only costs $60 with the mail-in rebate.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.072 seconds with 41 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com