Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: decent soundcard that supports window vista  (Read 5116 times)

stirinthesauce

• Trade Count: (0)
decent soundcard that supports window vista
« on: March 03, 2007, 03:01:32 PM »
Bout to build a new box, dual core w/ windows vista.  I need a decent soundcard, analog and digital ins/outs.  Bit perfect yada yada (PCI card).  Was thinking about an E-mu 1212m (I can pick a used one up cheap) but the drivers for vista are not ready at this time (tech support said early 2007, whatever that means since it is already March).  Any recommendations?  Don't want to break the bank but don't want a POS.

Offline nihilistic0

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • wat
Re: decent soundcard that supports window vista
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 10:27:03 PM »
x-fi's are nice, but I don't think final drivers are going to be out ti later this month?

we'll see
SP-CMC-4 (AT853) > SP-SPSB-1 (no rolloff) > Tascam DR-05

stirinthesauce

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 07:12:48 PM »
someone on here is running vista with a nice card in their box.  Need some recommendations for cards with current vista drivers.

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 08:47:33 PM »
someone on here is running vista with a nice card in their box.  Need some recommendations for cards with current vista drivers.

Why windows Vista. I think I am going to wait until the 3-4 gigs of updates come out. I hate being the beta tester for Bill Gates... Hell lets face it there is over 1gb of updates if you include the service pack just for widows xp :)
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

stirinthesauce

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 10:22:21 PM »

Why windows Vista. I think I am going to wait until the 3-4 gigs of updates come out. I hate being the beta tester for Bill Gates... Hell lets face it there is over 1gb of updates if you include the service pack just for widows xp :)

Well, I've already got Vista, just waiting to install.  It's the business version, not the home version.  I've already got an xp box that is going to become a server and a powerbook for os-x.  I told myself I wasn't going vista but that didn't last long  :P  Hopefully, this will be the last windoze box I ever own. 

Now back to my soundcard search.  Suggestions? 

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 12:04:20 AM »

Well, I've already got Vista, just waiting to install.  It's the business version, not the home version.  I've already got an xp box that is going to become a server and a powerbook for os-x.  I told myself I wasn't going vista but that didn't last long  :P  Hopefully, this will be the last windoze box I ever own. 

Now back to my soundcard search.  Suggestions? 

Get an M-AUDIO audiophile 192. I have one and love it no vista support yet but. The way m-audio issues drivers for there products every second day ( microtracker ) it should be coming around soon.

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 12:09:03 AM »
Echo Mia Midi.

http://www.echoaudio.com/

$129 or so.  I am using it under Vista.  They have updated Vista drivers on their website.  Bit perfect to boot.

stirinthesauce

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 12:40:44 AM »
Echo Mia Midi.

http://www.echoaudio.com/

$129 or so.  I am using it under Vista.  They have updated Vista drivers on their website.  Bit perfect to boot.

I was looking at this today.  I just don't want an external soundcard.  I got a plethora of outboard cards/interfaces, I need a pci card.

Get an M-AUDIO audiophile 192. I have one and love it no vista support yet but. The way m-audio issues drivers for there products every second day ( microtracker ) it should be coming around soon.

That's what I'm hoping for but rather have a solution in house by the end of the week.  Might not happen though  :-\

stirinthesauce

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 12:44:39 AM »
ahhhh, echo does offer a pci card 

+t OFOTD  ;D

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 01:20:22 AM »

+t OFOTD  ;D

Yeah the Echo Mia IS a PCI card.   This is my second Echo Mia card.  The first blew up along with all my other cards when my computer got a power spike.  The second and current Mia was purchased because the M Audio card I decided to try got returned.   The Mia works perfect all the time.  I have not had one single problem with it ever.

I'm sure if you shopped you may find it closer to or under $100.  I've been running it under Vista for a while now with no problems.  Forget the fluff on the M Audio 2496 cards. 

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 01:57:07 AM »

+t OFOTD  ;D

Yeah the Echo Mia IS a PCI card.   This is my second Echo Mia card.  The first blew up along with all my other cards when my computer got a power spike.  The second and current Mia was purchased because the M Audio card I decided to try got returned.   The Mia works perfect all the time.  I have not had one single problem with it ever.

I'm sure if you shopped you may find it closer to or under $100.  I've been running it under Vista for a while now with no problems.  Forget the fluff on the M Audio 2496 cards. 

My Audiophile 192 blow the Mia out of the water for sound quality and noise performance. Besides its nice to have 24 bit 192khz sampling rates if you need them.

Offline OFOTD

• Amorican
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 02:25:01 AM »
My Audiophile 192 blow the Mia out of the water for sound quality and noise performance. Besides its nice to have 24 bit 192khz sampling rates if you need them.

It's also twice as much.

Offline Church-Audio

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2007, 08:46:41 AM »

It's also twice as much.

Yeah but its twice as good and the output level goes to 11  :P

Offline baustin

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2007, 10:22:38 AM »
Bout to build a new box, dual core w/ windows vista.  I need a decent soundcard, analog and digital ins/outs.  Bit perfect yada yada (PCI card).  Was thinking about an E-mu 1212m (I can pick a used one up cheap) but the drivers for vista are not ready at this time (tech support said early 2007, whatever that means since it is already March).  Any recommendations?  Don't want to break the bank but don't want a POS.

On a side note and may not apply to you, but I've heard Wavelab has some issues with Vista. I too am going to wait for patches to come out for Vista.

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2007, 11:19:28 AM »
If you only need bit-perfect digital OUT (via optical -- without digital in), the chaintech av-710 is a nice alternative (and cult favorite), built around the same chipset as the echo mia.  It runs a whopping $22 from newegg.com (and has VERY nice sounding analog out via a wolfson DAC).

Via has vista 32 bit drivers out for this card.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.085 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com