Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Major Sony Sound Forge 8.0d registration issue  (Read 2203 times)

Offline Mr. Bull

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Major Sony Sound Forge 8.0d registration issue
« on: December 16, 2007, 02:10:52 PM »
I bought Sony Sound Forge 8.0 about two months ago.  Since I live in the sticks I don't have access to the Internet all the time so I did not register my copy of 8.0d.  Just recently when I fired up the program the EQ was not working and so was wave hammer function where as they had worked before.  So I registered my copy with their format on another computer and brought back an access code that I entered into Sound Forge.  After that it still did not work and so I then started working with the tech guy over the phone.  We the uninstalled and reinstalled the program three times over the phone and still nothing worked.  We established that it was not installing the complete version and that many of the plug-ins were missing although they had been working before.

After being on the phone with tech support for two hours he told me that it must be something wrong with the way windows is set up.  Since I had my computer custom built I called my guy and asked him what the problem could be.  He told me that it had to be a protective program inside of Sound Forge.  He told me that sometimes expensive programs have a file in their system that if they are not registered within a certain amount of time they render the program useless to protect for pirating protection.  He mentioned that Adobe products and Auto Cad have these files in them and when they execute they are almost impossible to get rid of without doing a system overlay.

After mentioning this to tech support they said they knew nothing of a file like that.  They then sent me a force register program that supposedly forced the program to open the missing plug-ins.  I also registered online with the computer that sound forge is installed to.  All of this of course did not work and sound forge is still useless. 

At this point I am waiting to see what they are going to do next.   If anyone has had a similar problem with this program please share your information.  I will keep posting to this page and update as further things developed.
 :banging head:
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 02:22:19 PM by Mr. Bull »
Main Rig
Studio Project C4's>Audio Technica XLR>UA-5 Digimod>MircroTrack I 24/96

Stealth Rig
Cardioids CA-11 MICS>CA-9100Pre Amp>iRiver H115

Offline Mr. Bull

• Taperssection Regular
Re: Major Sony Sound Forge 8.0d registration issue
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 10:46:38 AM »
The final out come is this. 

My Tech guy and I confirm that there is a file that is installed in the registry if Sound Forge is not registered within 30 uses regardless of trail version or full version.
We got 8.0 to fail on another computer and after confronting tech support about this they still deny that Sound Forge has such a protective file.  At this point I demanded an upgrade to 9.0.  They told me that they would not give me an upgrade unless I downloaded the trail version to make sure that it worked.  I then went to their site and downloaded the trail version of 9.0.  Of course it worked and they gave me a serial number so that I could use 9.0 indefinatly. 

As a result of downloading 9.0 and using a new serial # 8.0 now works too.  Whatever file that was broken in the registry that did not allow me to use 8.0 was shared by 9.0 and fixed by the 9.0 upgrade. 

Not sure that anyone cares but I can tell you that Tech support at Sony really sucks and I spent hours battling with them and only through my own investigation did I get the problem solved. 

Main Rig

Stealth Rig

Offline yousef

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 09:34:49 AM »
+T for your trouble...

Sounds like you were treated pretty appallingly there - you'd think software companies would be very keen to provide excellent customer support for the people who'd actually paid for their products; it seems easy enough to get most things for free nowadays...
music>other stuff>ears
my recordings: http://db.etree.org/yousef
http://www.manchestertaper.co.uk
twitter: @manchestertaper

Offline Mr. Bull

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 01:17:28 PM »
Hey Thanks

I just recently read on their forum that there are many other people that are having the same problems even with 9.0. 

It’s just a little ridiculous that they do not know about the problem.  After posting to their forum I had a guy respond and tell me that the problem could have been fixed with a registry cleaner as well. 

I did not try that but it would be worth a shot if anyone were experiencing the same thing.

In the end they made me whole.  Still it could have cost me alot of money if I would have listend to Tech support and had someone look at the computer for flaws in windows like they suggested.

:angel:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 01:22:41 PM by Mr. Bull »
Main Rig

Stealth Rig

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.196 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com