Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Peluso Cemc6 CK-21 owners and others step inside to help.  (Read 1980 times)

Offline slightlys

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
Peluso Cemc6 CK-21 owners and others step inside to help.
« on: May 13, 2010, 06:20:26 PM »
I just got my CK-21 caps and it seems to me that they do not thread all the way down to the body of the mic when I put them. The card caps sit perfectly snug with the bodies, but the ck-21 there seems to be the smallest gap between the caps and bodies. Anyone experienced this before? I wouldn't say anything but the other night at a show one mic was about 10 db quieter than the other. I assumed I had left the pad on but when I checked it was still in the off position. The caps are a matched set so I'm not sure what the problem could be also they are brand new! Will post pics when I get home.
your help as always is apreciated!
Peluso CEMC6>Bumblebee MiAGi-II silver clad cables>Bm2p+ mod UA-5 >  OCM R-44

Offline ehren

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Of course this is a taper ticket!
Re: Peluso Cemc6 CK-21 owners and others step inside to help.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 07:45:14 PM »
I just got my CK-21 caps and it seems to me that they do not thread all the way down to the body of the mic when I put them. The card caps sit perfectly snug with the bodies, but the ck-21 there seems to be the smallest gap between the caps and bodies. Anyone experienced this before? I wouldn't say anything but the other night at a show one mic was about 10 db quieter than the other. I assumed I had left the pad on but when I checked it was still in the off position. The caps are a matched set so I'm not sure what the problem could be also they are brand new! Will post pics when I get home.

That sounds wrong to me. I would contact John Peluso, this is something he'll want to get taken care of I'm sure. The fact that they are 10db off is a huge problem. I'm assuming you've tested with other caps to absolutely rule out the bodies. How was the sound quality? (other than the db difference)

Offline slightlys

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 08:39:18 PM »

That sounds wrong to me. I would contact John Peluso, this is something he'll want to get taken care of I'm sure. The fact that they are 10db off is a huge problem. I'm assuming you've tested with other caps to absolutely rule out the bodies. How was the sound quality? (other than the db difference)
When I normalized in post the lower track had distortion on the peaks of the kick as if it had been running too hot during the show. which was not the case as I had checked the levels and they were well bellow peaking. It was  very slight but noticable. I'm going to run some test right now with my stereo and see if I can pin point the trouble.

Offline slightlys

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 09:13:14 PM »
I guess I figured it out I took the caps off and put them back on a little tighter then I initially had when I first got them out of fear of damaging them because they don't fit like my card caps do. Ran some home stereo tests and the levels were matched and the distortion was gone. I assume the wide cards must have to rest on the bodies sightly differently than the  cards. That's the only explanation I can come up with. Next time I will test my new toys at home first to hammer out all the kinks! On a positive note they sound great! Big thanks to John Peluso!

Offline SmokinJoe

• Trade Count: (63)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "75 and sunny"... life is so much simpler.
    • uploads to archive.org
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 12:15:26 PM »
I expect John takes create care in the creation of diaphragms and electronics... but the metal work goes out to the lowest bidder.  Probably when you screw it on and off a few times it will work better.
Mics: Schoeps MK4 & CMC5's / Gefell M200's & M210's / ADK-TL / DPA4061's
Pres: V3 / ST9100
Decks: Oade Concert Mod R4Pro / R09 / R05
Photo: Nikon D700's, 2.8 Zooms, and Zeiss primes
Playback: Raspberry Pi > Modi2 Uber > Magni2 > HD650

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.205 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com