Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Magnavox Vintage Mics 1A9210 ... anyone?  (Read 1903 times)

Offline junkyardt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Magnavox Vintage Mics 1A9210 ... anyone?
« on: June 12, 2010, 09:35:42 PM »
anyone familiar with these? I have a pair, seemingly brand new/never used in the original boxes and am just trying to figure out what I have -- as far as what era they were produced in, what purpose they were used for (music or dictation or whatever), what sort of quality they are, etc. they both have cables on them that terminate in standard headphone 1/8" jacks, and i've tested them and they both work fine off the plug in power of my D50. Google turned up absolutely zilch...literally 0 results for Magnavox 1A9210. i can take pics if any vintage mic enthusiasts are interested.

Offline rjp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Re: Magnavox Vintage Mics 1A9210 ... anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 10:57:01 PM »
anyone familiar with these? I have a pair, seemingly brand new/never used in the original boxes and am just trying to figure out what I have -- as far as what era they were produced in, what purpose they were used for (music or dictation or whatever), what sort of quality they are, etc. they both have cables on them that terminate in standard headphone 1/8" jacks, and i've tested them and they both work fine off the plug in power of my D50. Google turned up absolutely zilch...literally 0 results for Magnavox 1A9210. i can take pics if any vintage mic enthusiasts are interested.

I'm just guessing here, but if they're terminated with 1/8" 2-conductor plugs, they're likely intended for an old monaural cassette recorder. Did you try them with PIP off? They just might be dynamic mics.
Mics: AKG Perception 170, Naiant X-X, Sound Professionals SP-TFB-2
Preamps: Naiant Littlebox
Recorders: Olympus LS-10
Interfaces: Focusrite Saffire Pro 14, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.072 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com