Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Losing static IP address in Windows 7 after sleep  (Read 12875 times)

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Don't sweat the technique
Re: Losing static IP address in Windows 7 after sleep
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2009, 08:47:05 PM »
Hey, thanks for the responses.  I think that the second idea that you mentioned: creating a DCHP reservation in the router did the job.  I hope that it will manage this over the next few days.  The first suggestion was the thing that absolutely refused to work.

All I wanted to do was to use Utorrent correctly and the UPnP thing did not work either.  I tried to activate it in the router and I could not connect to any internet pages then.

Thanks again for everything!  Hopefully this will do the job.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline crazifyngers

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2009, 12:30:24 PM »

jlykos,
If you have not resolved the problem are you using access connections?  This program will take over your network configuration and not allow your network setup to "stick."  As far as the ip address changing it is true that ip addresses will release and renew if you do not have a reservation but computers request that their leases be renewed hours before their lease expires.  this causes the lease to be renewed before the lease expires so you will have the same ip address.  but when you wake up you computer needs to get a new ip address this tell me that your computer is probably asleep.  make sure that is turned off when plugged in.
Gotta love the rat-tail Jerry has; it's where his power comes from!

Offline if_then_else

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2009, 01:18:23 PM »
Hey, thanks for the responses.  I think that the second idea that you mentioned: creating a DCHP reservation in the router did the job.  I hope that it will manage this over the next few days.  The first suggestion was the thing that absolutely refused to work.

All I wanted to do was to use Utorrent correctly and the UPnP thing did not work either.  I tried to activate it in the router and I could not connect to any internet pages then.

I don't know if someone else has suggested this before, but did you already think about using dynamic DNS?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DynDNS

There are providers that will operate a basic service for free (e.g. http://www.dyndns.com/).

Offline phanophish

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • ImageLume Photography
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2009, 03:11:48 PM »

I don't know if someone else has suggested this before, but did you already think about using dynamic DNS?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DynDNS

There are providers that will operate a basic service for free (e.g. http://www.dyndns.com/).

The issue was not with the external IP of his router, it was with the internal IP that his client Pc was getting on the private side of his NAT router.  In order to forward the Bittorrent ports for best torrent performance he needed a consistent IP address for the Pc that would be running the torrent client.

Photo:  Nikon D300, D200, 35mm f/1.8,  50mm f/1.4, 85mm f/1.8, Nikon 17-55 f/2.8, Sigma 18-50/2.8 Macro, 18-70 f/4.5-5.6, 24-120 f/3.5-5.6 VR, Sigma 10-20 f4-5.6, Nikon 70-200 f/2.8VR, SB-800

Jake: What's this?
Elwood: What?
Jake: This car. This stupid car. Where's the Cadillac? The Caddy? Where's the Caddy?
Elwood: The what?
Jake: The Cadillac we used to have. The Blues Mobile!
Elwood: I traded it.
Jake: You traded the Blues Mobile for this?
Elwood: No. For a microphone.
Jake: A microphone? Okay I can see that.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com