Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: I have a probem with a recording I made and don't know what happended  (Read 5034 times)

Offline swordfish

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: I have a probem with a recording I made and don't know what happended
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2013, 12:55:24 AM »
http://www.micro-tools.de/Kontaktreiniger-oxid/Caig-Deoxit-Tube-2ml.html
^^^
Deoxit is what you want. That one has more cleaner in it and looks like it is liquid form.  The other one cleans too but is mostly a gold-plated connector protector/lubricant and looks like a felt tip pen applicator.

Although I can't definitely say the jack isn't broken, I've had dirty 1/8" jack connections on similar recorders act up exactly like you mention and assumed they were worn out and broken but found they worked perfectly after a good cleaning. This might correct the problem and a good thing to have around and use anyway even if it doesn't.

You can probably drop a droplet of the stuff directly into the jack.  I have a small spray can of Deoxit, spray some in there and use the paper stick of a Q-tip swab with the cotton swab end cut off to clean the jack's internal contact surfaces by inserting and removing it a bunch of times.  Wipe the plugs well with the stuff too, then plug and unplug them in the jack a few times and spin them around to get both mating surfaces well scrubed.  The stuff actively bubbles a bit while 'eating' dirt and corrosion deposits.

The Caig is in da house..in addition I tested the new M10 yesterday...I received it 2 days after I ordered it...Made the 1st recording with the new M10, new mic stand including the new Shure shock absorber and the mic bars...Everything worked like a charm....

I will clean the old M10 and report back.

SF

Offline swordfish

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 04:28:36 AM »
I cleaned the M10 with the Caig liquid and it seems that the problem is "fixed"...but I don't trust or belive in the equipment anymore.....but still can use it as a backup or in conjuction with the video camera when I tape open....I may get rid of my R09HR now...

SF-

Marshall7

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 08:29:28 PM »
I picked up a bottle of Deoxit today ($24.99).  In Canada it's distributed and packaged by Hosa Technology.

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2013, 08:38:57 PM »
The Caig is in da house..

Missed that opportunity before to say..

Tap it!
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com