Gear / Technical Help > Cables

Rat shack converter

(1/2) > >>

rreidiii:
I "m going to hack the wall wart that came with the unit my question is which lead is pos. and which is neg. Clue one has a white stripe on it. I cannot for the life of me remember which one is which.

caymanreview:
most times the white stripe is positive, but dont take my word for it

bhtoque:

--- Quote from: rreidiii on July 31, 2004, 04:26:16 PM ---I "m going to hack the wall wart that came with the unit my question is which lead is pos. and which is neg. Clue one has a white stripe on it. I cannot for the life of me remember which one is which.

--- End quote ---

If you are talking about the coax/optical converter the tip is positive.

JAson

Brian Skalinder:
Just break out a multimeter (or buy one, you'll be glad you did) and find out for certain.

dr.ph0b:

--- Quote from: rreidiii on July 31, 2004, 04:26:16 PM ---I "m going to hack the wall wart that came with the unit my question is which lead is pos. and which is neg. Clue one has a white stripe on it. I cannot for the life of me remember which one is which.

--- End quote ---

im the case of the one i have, the white stripe is positive, but like brian said.. a multi-meter is uber-important tool to have. like i would hack the cable and do a continuity test to see while wire runs to the tip. btw, ratshack had a real nice digital multimeter on sale for $19.99 last time i was there

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version