Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AKG C1000's vs. Studio Projects C4 vs. Sound Professionals SP-CMC-2/4/8  (Read 2951 times)

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Retired Taper
Edit:

After reading the AKG C1000 FAQ in the archive, I am considering them or the Studio Projects C4's.  Any input from the veterans?

New taper here.  I just got a JB3 and am hoping to add a UA-5 oade P/W-mod shortly.  I have been doing some research on the Studio Projects C4 mics and the Sound Professionals SP-CMC-2/4/8 models.  I would be doing mostly outdoor/indoor field recording. 

The Sound Pros mics would leave me the option of stealthing, but I already have a used Sound Pros croakies mic setup (can't remember which model?) that I could use for stealthing if need be.  It seems like the costs either way would be relatively similar considering I would have to buy the phantom power option, omini caps, & hyper caps for the Sound Pros and would only have to buy the hyper caps for the C4's.  Am I correct in assuming that the Studio Projects mics don't need an additional phantom power option?

It seems that all of these have received good reviews.  Any input from the veterans would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 02:21:37 PM by thegreatgumbino »
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

My recordings on the Archive

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • The Jokell
Re: Studio Projects C4 vs. Sound Professionals SP-CMC-2/4/8
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 02:10:35 PM »
I'd say go with the C4, unless you're going to unmod the ATs to run with phantom power.  Then they'd be a much better stealth option than the croakie mics.

Also there are no hyper caps for the C4s yet.
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline Scooter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 03:26:38 PM »
Am I correct in assuming that the Studio Projects mics don't need an additional phantom power option?

The C4's don't require anything "additional" to be used w/ phantom power, but they do require phantom power if that's what you are asking...  I hope they do come out w/ the hyper caps, that'd be great ;D.  For what its worth, I have a set of C4's, and like 'em alot.

Scott
MBHO 603a(ka200n/ka500hn) >
R-44, or H120

LMA Recordings

Offline Scooter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2004, 11:57:36 PM »
Cool, thanks for the heads-up man! :D
MBHO 603a(ka200n/ka500hn) >
R-44, or H120

LMA Recordings

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (42)
  • time between the notes...
    • My recordings on the LMA
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2004, 05:09:23 PM »
As fot the right pre- amp... I think the P-Mod UA-5 would really rock with the C-4's.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6, iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed & RTC mod)

Recordings on the LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/ChuckM
Recording website & blog: http://www.timebetweenthenotes.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com