Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ISO: Full body KM100/AK40 mount options  (Read 2074 times)

kskreider

• Trade Count: (0)
ISO: Full body KM100/AK40 mount options
« on: August 20, 2004, 04:03:04 PM »
I am tired of stressing out when geeks dancing towards or toss beer in the general direction of my actives.  What I am looking for is a stereo bar and clips that I can run a variety of techniques with (ORTF, X/Y, etc.) and run full body mode with my Neumann KM100/AK40 set.  I was thinking that generic mic clips from the local music store may work fine along with a Vark bar.  Any other ideas or opinions?  If I run on a stand it is usually a lightweight 3373 with hacked legs , so I don't wanna get too top heavy.

Thanks.

jpschust

Re: ISO: Full body KM100/AK40 mount options
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2004, 06:15:42 PM »
i would get the akg t bar and a pair of 4010a's.  that will give you some options.  I wouldnt worry too much about the beer in the direction of your actives though.  i'd worry more about it going towards your mics or other gear.  cables you can clean pretty easily

Offline JAH

• Taperssection Member
  • The kids they dance, they shake their bones!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 02:28:31 PM »
what's wrong w/ the sth-100???  Since there are 2 mounts you have the XY mount and the ORTF mount...put them all together and you have the TSGetto DIN mount...which is what I use...search the archives for mounting instructions.  Why do you need to run w/ bodies when you have the actives...ever notice any diff in sound btw the 2?????? not me ;-)  Besides one more thing to clean off.

jah
Taping, it's a team sport!
km140/150>M148>mme or msbm-1
...yes screwdriver impaired
modified akg 461/2/ck8
iH120...and a slew of dat decks ;-(

Offline JAH

• Taperssection Member
  • The kids they dance, they shake their bones!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 10:40:53 AM »
what's wrong w/ the sth-100???  Since there are 2 mounts you have the XY mount and the ORTF mount...put them all together and you have the TSGetto DIN mount...which is what I use...search the archives for mounting instructions.  Why do you need to run w/ bodies when you have the actives...ever notice any diff in sound btw the 2?????? not me ;-)  Besides one more thing to clean off.

jah

Read the original message JAH.

I am tired of stressing out when geeks dancing towards or toss beer in the general direction of my actives. 

Example #1 last night I taped Uncle Earl from on stage and when the artists were climbing up on stage they were stepping right on to my actives.  Props to Coop for having the mind to slide them under the carpet.

I'd rather replace a $50 15' pair of XLR>XLR's than a $300 pair of actives. 

And no, I have not noticed a difference between the actives and the regular full body mode BECAUSE I HAVE NO CLIPS AND T-BAR TO RUN THE FULL BODIES.

...Kk
either go w/ the AKG three piece bar and mounts as johnnie said or the shure vertical bar and mounts (which is a little..no, a lot heaver but vertical). Many use the Vark too.   Don't stress over it buy some gaffers tape and secure it or use you jedi powers to make them go away ;-)

gfl
jah
Taping, it's a team sport!
km140/150>M148>mme or msbm-1
...yes screwdriver impaired
modified akg 461/2/ck8
iH120...and a slew of dat decks ;-(

Offline Chapper

• Taperssection Member
  • Do the chickens have large talons?
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2004, 10:56:16 AM »
The basic mic holders from your local music store will work fine.   I don't ever run the full bodies anymore, but when I did, I usd a cheapo generic pair of mic holders and the cheapo AKG bar.  I modd'ed my AKG bar with some washers and a longer screw for one side.   Some have commented that it's ghetto looking, I prefer unique looking, but the whole setup will cost you less than a Shure vert bar or AT shockmounts.   
..Just be glad you live in America,
Relax and be yourself,
Because if you didn't live here in America,
You'd proabably live somewhere else.."
David Lowery

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com