Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Transfers acting screwy.....need help!  (Read 1533 times)

Offline mniven

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
Transfers acting screwy.....need help!
« on: August 28, 2004, 10:44:22 AM »
First off, I'm running WinXP and use Panasonic 3700 > M-Audio Delta Dio 2496 > Soundforge 6.0 for transfers. I've been using the same setup for over a year with no problems.

This week I updated my WinXP with Service Pack 2 and since then anytime I try to transfer I have pops/clicks in the wavs and the wavs also have an underlying digital distortion sound. Service Pack 2 has a bunch of security features such as a firewall, so I disconnected what I could of all that crap and I'm still having the same problems. Finally, I uninstalled Service Pack 2 this morning and tried another transfer and I'm still getting the same problems. So frustrating!

I opened up Windows Task Manager to look at what processes are running, but nothing jumps out at me. I do, however, have a lot of processes that seem to be running and I'm not sure which, if any, I should try and disable.

Anyone have any ideas about what might be causing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
Re: Transfers acting screwy.....need help!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2004, 12:03:46 PM »
did you try  lowering the ASIO/WDM buffer size? I had to do that once to get rid of the clicks and pops. It could of been something sp2 did, and even after uninstalling it, it will leave bits and pieces in your registry that could be causing the problem. Might have to do another clean install
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline mniven

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2004, 12:18:06 PM »
I'm a dumbass. I was convinced the DAT was 48k and it was 44.1k and that's what was causing the problems. It's always the simple things that cause me the most headaches!

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2004, 01:41:08 PM »
hehe, been there my self a few times  ;D
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.071 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com