Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DPA 4060, where to buy?  (Read 5496 times)

Offline PG

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
DPA 4060, where to buy?
« on: September 07, 2004, 05:08:10 PM »
I've been toying with the idea of picking up a pair of 4060's (depends on what my comission check looks like this month and how I feel at the moment). If I do decide to where do I get them, DPA direct or are there any other options?

Offline Thom Joad

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Team TNT!
Re: DPA 4060, where to buy?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 10:10:52 AM »
"dpa can sell them to you, at full retail, which you can always beat"

I beg to differ.  I'm not sure if I timed it just right, but I called Bruce when I was looking for my set, and he hooked me up BIG time ,with a demo set of the flesh colored 4060's that had made the rounds of the trade shows, but had never been used.  Came complete with warranty.   Like I said I may have timed it just right, but you never know.

jnorman34

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 11:07:11 AM »
i have a nice pair of DPA 4061s that i can sell pretty cheap - they have been modified for stand-mounting, and include a new pair of the microdot>XLR adadpters.    a couple of photos of them can be seen here -
http://www.taperssection.com/yabbse/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=15639;start=msg195342#msg195342 
- email me at jnorman34@comcast.net if interested.

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 03:49:31 PM »
armen, aren't you gonna sell yours?

Offline zhianosatch

• god-damned hippies!
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 04:03:23 PM »
armen, aren't you gonna sell yours?

never.

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2004, 04:06:48 PM »

Offline KingReptile

• Taperssection Member
  • Injection is Nice I'd Rather Be Blown----
    • http://www.angelfire.com/music5/d8maniac/KingReptile_home
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2004, 05:42:35 PM »
I bought mine from Oade Bros good price..$700 for the mics

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2004, 08:23:04 PM »
i bought the "high end binaurals" from core-sound. i could have done cheaper, but you get the batt box and termination, along with a matched pair of mics, for that price...

-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

Offline Cooker

• Local Crew
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2004, 08:37:19 PM »
you can get 406x *dirt* cheap on ebay, but they have lemo connectors, and the adapters are hella expensive. i think a couple people around here have used these. schwilly?

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2004, 09:31:15 PM »
you can get 406x *dirt* cheap on ebay, but they have lemo connectors, and the adapters are hella expensive. i think a couple people around here have used these. schwilly?

hack off the lemos, solder on an 1/8" mini, and get a $60 battery box from sound pro

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2004, 04:31:52 PM »
I just found Armen's old thread from 2003 asking about the 406x series which was VERY helpful. I may want to look at the 4061 instead. It also helped that I have copies of most of the DPA sourced Tool shows referenced in the thread.

Can you post the link to this thread, by any chance?  I have some questions about DPA mics, and I would like to do some research!  THanks
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline mizary

• Taperssection Member
  • Bam!
    • Go buy some Elvis stuff!
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2004, 05:58:57 PM »
I remember that thread about the 406x's with the lemo's

hack off the lemos, solder on an 1/8" mini, and get a $60 battery box from sound pro

Huh?  that really works?  Don't they need 48V phantom power?  Is there any downside to only giving them 9V?  I already have a SP box...  that would kick ass.

I wish I had picked up a pair off ebay...  I don't see them anymore...  I do remember they were super cheap.  Perhaps an unmodded pair will pop up on here for cheap someday...

--mizary
Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.

Offline mattb

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Yo.
    • Matt's Page
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2004, 06:37:37 PM »
I remember that thread about the 406x's with the lemo's

Huh?  that really works?  Don't they need 48V phantom power?  Is there any downside to only giving them 9V?  I already have a SP box...  that would kick ass.

I wish I had picked up a pair off ebay...  I don't see them anymore...  I do remember they were super cheap.  Perhaps an unmodded pair will pop up on here for cheap someday...

--mizary

I wonder the same thing. Can anyone confirm or deny? That would be a nice option.
AT933s (C/H/O) > AT8531s > UA-5 > H120 (Rockboxed)

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2004, 07:26:47 PM »
so, for those that have a micro-dot to xlr adapter, does that xlr adapter cut down from 48v to 5v when plugged into a 48v source of phantom power?
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Thom Joad

• Taperssection Member
  • Team TNT!
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2004, 09:30:44 PM »
Yes the adapters have resistors built into them, that cut the power from 48V to ~8V, which is optimal for the series.  Makes them go for a pretty penny, ~$90 a piece.

For those wanting the super cheap, ebay 406x's, just wait until a broadway show is over, and the dumpster pickers get going again.  You may have to scrape the caked on makeup off of them, and they may be a "bit" unmatched, but then again you may luck out.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.099 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com