Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: any one used the rode nt5  (Read 2697 times)

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Photographer:Jim Marshall - Jerry @ Woodstock
any one used the rode nt5
« on: September 09, 2004, 01:42:43 AM »
I am looking in to get some mics and don't have a lot of money to spend so I  was looking at the rode nt5 becose they come as a pair. So if any one has used them or knowe any mic that don't cost that much i woul be very geateful for the help.
MBHO KA200 N / KA500 HN > Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives > MBHO 603 A > Van Den Hul The Second >  SD722

coming soon Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives

Show I taped on archive.org http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/deadhead6216

"We're the first generation that's really capable of saving this music forever. Now is the time because we finally have the digital technology that allows us to preserve it indefinitely. It's also the critical time to do this because the older recordings are really deteriorating. It's an opportunity and it's also a serious responsibility, future generations will hold us responsible for what we do or do not do as far as preserving th

Offline caymanreview

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • shows ive taped  that are in circulation
Re: any one used the rode nt5
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 06:11:05 AM »
what is your budget? im sure there are alot of options, but first we must know your budget...

would your buget have to include phantom power/preamp? what gear do you allready have?

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Taperssection Member
  • Photographer:Jim Marshall - Jerry @ Woodstock
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 01:44:58 PM »
$400 for 2 mics. I just got  a ua5 from oade and runing it in to a powerbookg4 that is were all my money went . 
MBHO KA200 N / KA500 HN > Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives > MBHO 603 A > Van Den Hul The Second >  SD722

coming soon Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives

Show I taped on archive.org http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/deadhead6216

"We're the first generation that's really capable of saving this music forever. Now is the time because we finally have the digital technology that allows us to preserve it indefinitely. It's also the critical time to do this because the older recordings are really deteriorating. It's an opportunity and it's also a serious responsibility, future generations will hold us responsible for what we do or do not do as far as preserving th

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 01:59:59 PM »
$400 for 2 mics. I just got  a ua5 from oade and runing it in to a powerbookg4 that is were all my money went . 

Personally I'd get these ADKs Vienna Matched LEs: 

http://www.taperssection.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=25587.0

Or perhaps these Studio Projects C4s:

http://www.taperssection.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=19932.0

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

Offline mirth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Les Hommes Savvent Pourquois
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2004, 02:52:07 PM »
If those viennas are still available then hit 'em up.... otherwise the C4s seem to be fairly highly regarded. Seems like there have been people in the past that picked up the NT5s and unloaded them quickly after for various reasons...
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
    • The Jokell
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2004, 11:17:22 PM »
Definitely would recommend those Studio Projects C4s over the Rodes.
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

jpschust

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2004, 04:37:59 PM »
again, look to the c4s.  wonderful mics.  much better build quality and sound quality in a variety of situations than the r0de mics.  but fyi, i despise teh r0de sound.

Offline Todd R

• Over/Under on next gear purchase: 2 months
  • Trade Count: (29)
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2004, 05:04:54 PM »
If you can scrape up a little more dough, I'd look into the Audix m1290(hc) pair that someone is selling in the yardsale for $450.  The m1290s are very nice mics, nice small compact setup (good for low profile FOB taping and maybe even stealth), and they have inter-changeable capsules, so when you've got more money available you could get cardioid caps and/or omni caps.

I've got a pair of the m1290 cards and like them quite a bit.  I run them when I'm doing low profile FOB or just want a smaller setup than my AKG480s.  They really sound very nice, not quite the bottom end of the 480s, but otherwise they hold their own against them very well.
Mics: Microtech Gefell m20/m21 (nbob/pfa actives), Line Audio CM3, Church CA-11 cards
Preamp:  none <sniff>
Recorders:  Sound Devices MixPre-6, Sony PCM-M10, Zoom H4nPro

Offline Sanjay

• www.drivebytruckers.com/tourdiary.html
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2004, 05:12:03 PM »
C4's are a great entry level mic, I can't say enough about them.  Check your pm's

-Sanjay
mics & cameras

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com