Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Multitracking ??  (Read 6542 times)

jpschust

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Multitracking ??
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2004, 09:06:39 AM »
ray, the program is protools, the company is digidesign :) 

there seems to be a slight industry shift away from digidesign products as of late.  a kind of anti-microsoft-esque backlash.

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2004, 05:28:24 PM »
right now....i'm really diggin Nuendo over Protools. Allows for a more custom interface and I like the plugins and overall software much better.  wish i had the money for a nice apple laptop and either motu or metric halo interface for Nuendo 3 :P

Ray76

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2004, 07:25:15 PM »
ray, the program is protools, the company is digidesign :) 

there seems to be a slight industry shift away from digidesign products as of late.  a kind of anti-microsoft-esque backlash.

yeah man, my bad. Was stoned on combination of morphine/percocet and phenergan for nausea...
My post-op sinuses were givin me hell that day, so I had to make myself real comfy..Apparently TOO comfy to be cohesive..Thanks for clarification on that, I shoulda did a doubletake..+T for lookin out bro.
Big Ray

Offline heath

• Laugh it up, Fuzzball...
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • I'm score!!!!!!
    • The Upstream Mend
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2004, 10:22:24 PM »
right now....i'm really diggin Nuendo over Protools. Allows for a more custom interface and I like the plugins and overall software much better.  wish i had the money for a nice apple laptop and either motu or metric halo interface for Nuendo 3 :P

we use nuendo at the studio, and it's starting to grow on me in a good way.  but I'm still a protools guy at heart  ;D
And the Sultans... yeah the Sultans play creole

The Upstream Mend

jpschust

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2004, 12:54:15 AM »

we use nuendo at the studio, and it's starting to grow on me in a good way.  but I'm still a protools guy at heart  ;D

heath it is all a question of what we learn on.  i learned on protools so im partial to it, but man the digidesign hardware worth using is damn expensive.

Offline heath

• Laugh it up, Fuzzball...
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • I'm score!!!!!!
    • The Upstream Mend
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2004, 01:11:10 AM »

it is all a question of what we learn on.

qft.

can u tell i learned on protools? ;D
And the Sultans... yeah the Sultans play creole

The Upstream Mend

Offline Brian

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2004, 10:35:24 AM »
i'm currently learning on both and much prefer nuendo although i'll admit i've worked on Nuendo more so I know the "ins and outs" better.  But, alas, Pro Tools is still considered the industry standard and it's important that i know it as well as neundo as best i can in order to get as much work as possible.

the other reason i'm not so big on the pro tools hardware is that i'm not too much a fan of the a/d converters.  We use Radar24 to track and then dump the tracks to protools using a converter cable (looks like an ethernet but is different)  The Radar24's A/D's are drastically better than the Pro Tools.

So like you guys said, people tend to buy and use the gear they learned on....hence my anxiousness to get an alternative to pro tools setup with Nuendo 3 :)

jpschust

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2004, 04:05:22 PM »
indeed, learn it all if you can.  then when you have your own studio you can do whatever you want.  especially if you have a record to back yourself up.  Truth is bands could care less about what the programs are, they just want it to sound good and for it to be as cheap as possible.

Offline Brian

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2004, 05:21:53 PM »
Truth is bands could care less about what the programs are, they just want it to sound good and for it to be as cheap as possible.

QFT.....

oh and don't i know it ;)  although it really helps when you have a band with members well aware of the technology and how it all works to achieve the sound they want.  actually that's the whole reason i got into recording in the first place......to record my own music and make it sound better than the crap being recorded on a cassette deck(at the time) ;D

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • half dead batteries
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2004, 05:50:10 PM »
those radar24s are so easy to run/operate.
we ran them a few times last year then just moved the hardrive to a daw running dp at the bands personal studio.

agreed on using what you know/learned on. only reason why i started using dp was because the band used it...easy support    :)

the water's clean and innocent

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.071 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com