Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: PDAudio Opinions  (Read 4746 times)

Offline lds490

• Demon_In_Disguise
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Ride the llama!
    • Music List
Re: PDAudio Opinions
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2005, 11:49:26 AM »
I've been running tests at home recording at 24/96 with my PDAudio rig.  I've recorded for 6 straight hours non-stop at 24/96 using the "update multiple" mode to an external hard drive.  For my rig, the limiting factor in the field is power supply, particularly for the hard drive.

I'm planning on recording Rowan/Rice and Hot Tuna at 24/96 this weekend.  I'll post some of my test results next week.

J

E

T

S

JETS! JETS! JETS!
http://db.etree.org/lds490
Open: Studio Projects C-1s-> Mic2496 -> PDAudio-CF (IPAQ 5555) -> Addonics Pocket EX
Stealth: AT 831 -> Mic2496 -> PDAudio-CF (IPAQ 5555) -> IBM Microdrive

Offline Tim

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2005, 07:05:11 PM »
glad to hear it Craig!
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

BobW

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2005, 09:10:26 PM »
I do believe that 2005 will be *the* year of the PDAudio-CF.
It clearly was ahead of it's time, but it seems that thanks to Gordon, it's truly coming together.

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2005, 11:14:32 PM »
I think it'll be the year it gets bypassed by dedicated, more reliable devices. Despite the super-long wait, SD has something going for them that they have not released a non-working product.

IMO, Len would have been far better off marketing it as a stealthable DAT replacement, then surprising us with 24/44.1 when it was "ready" and eventually moving up to higher samplerates. That 24/96 was promised from the outset hurt my perception of this device when it failed to live up to it.
Out of the game … for now?

Offline julius_the_cat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Recent experience
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2005, 11:00:10 PM »
First time recording last weekend with an Ipaq h2215 and the PDAudio in the CF slot with 1GB SD in the other slot and the 2496 recording program.  I used a minime with a SPDIF to 1/8" mini-plug cable from Core Sound and a battery pack (SP C4 mics).  The Ipaq fits in the pocket of the minime case. Recorded one hour of wonderful 24/48.

I didn't close the program properly however and initially couldn't open the file on my card reader on my home PC.  Gordon was VERY helpful and audiohck fixed it in a flash.  Looking foward to cheaper 2 or 3GB SD cards.

I was close to buying a laptop, but really didn't want one.  I can use my Ipaq at workand am glad I went this route. I can see the analog input on the minime, the digital input meters in the 2496 program on the ipaq and a blue LED on the PDAudio is lit when a digital signal is locked on, reassuring me things are working properly.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com