Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Soundforge 6.0  (Read 6796 times)

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Real men wear kilts.
Soundforge 6.0
« on: April 14, 2005, 08:39:11 PM »
OK, so I am breaking up a recent 24/96 recording I did a) so I can save in .wav format b) if I understand correctly there are no sector boundry worries as with 16/44.1, so I am using SF 6.0

OK, When I cut a paste the track, I tell it to save as a specific file name, however it overrides this and saves as SP0000.wav. So after every save, I have to go back, rename the file, etc. If I don't do this, it over rights the first with the second, causing me to have to start all over again with the tracking. Is something not being done right? Is there a way to change this?

"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
Re: Soundforge 6.0
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 08:44:48 PM »
if you are trying to track a recording, try using the regions feature, and then tools -> export regions.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Real men wear kilts.
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 08:50:53 PM »
Never thought of that....thanks!
"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 11:36:04 AM »
I did what you were doing for quite a while, until I got this book about soundforge... its way more efficient!  LMK if you need more detailed directions!

Edit: Its really cool cause you can add a standard prefix to all of the files exported from a specific .wav - something like "duo2005-03-29t" and then it appends a "0" + region name (which is a numeric count if you don't edit the name) - its really quite efficient!  I just wish there weren't SBE problems with SF.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 11:37:46 AM by pfife »
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Real men wear kilts.
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 11:39:45 AM »
SHowing my ignorance, SBE?? I started thinking it's Sector Boundry E_____? But I thought with 24/96 you don't need to worry about that???

And it worked great. It took me a few minutes to realize I needed a start and end point, but it was SOO much faster than copy/paste!

+T for the help

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 08:42:43 AM »
yeah, sector boundary errrors.  That's really all I know 'bout it.  Here's the thing though, and maybe someone else can help clarify for me...

Apparently SBE's manifest themselves in terms of clicks/gaps between the tracks.  I've tracked out prolly 200 tapes using the exact method we're talking about, and have never, ever heard this.  I've also had people tell me that even if there were SBE's, people wouldn't be able to hear them.

OTOH, I've had 2 people tell me that they hear SBE's on my recordings.  One was a torrent w/ FLACs, and the other was on a disc of FLAC's I B&P'd.  The person who said it in the torrent later responded that when he re-burned the CD at a slower speed, the "SBE's" dissappeared.

So, I'm not saying that SF doesn't create SBE's, becuase I'm sure it does, but I just don't think I've ever heard it before....

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2005, 09:46:21 AM »
Sectors are 1/75th second areas on a redbook audio CD. If you're not tracking 16/44.1 CD audio, you can't have a Sector Boundary Error.

I've heard it in some other seeds back in the day (talking 5-6 years ago) when I first joined etree. I thought it was my burner until I read up on it.
Out of the game … for now?

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Real men wear kilts.
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2005, 10:06:20 AM »
Sectors are 1/75th second areas on a redbook audio CD. If you're not tracking 16/44.1 CD audio, you can't have a Sector Boundary Error.

I understand there will be SBE's if doing 16/44.1, but the question is, will that happen with 24/96? Not like it matters now anyway, Frontend won't recognize the "tracks" as wav files and won't encode.

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2005, 10:13:44 AM »
so... if I do my track splitting in 16/48, and then resample to 44.1, I can't have SBEs?

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Real men wear kilts.
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2005, 10:27:46 AM »

I understand there will be SBE's if doing 16/44.1, but the question is, will that happen with 24/96? Not like it matters now anyway, Frontend won't recognize the "tracks" as wav files and won't encode.

Oops, just reread Matt's reply....skipped right over the important part, "If you're NOT tracking...". Thanks.

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2005, 10:28:52 AM »
BAT, it won't happen with 24/96.
Pfife, it will happen if you process in that manner because the final product is audio CD quality. However, the SBEs will only show up on an audio CD. If you play the tracks in Foobar or Winamp, they will sound fine, but the process of burning writes to sectors on the CD, and it's when playing that back that the errors will occur if they exist.

I hope that clarified. Sorry for the vague explanation before.
Out of the game … for now?

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2005, 10:29:55 AM »
thanks ; +T in 12

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2005, 10:36:09 AM »
I'm thinking I'm going to have to learn how to track in CDWave.

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Real men wear kilts.
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2005, 10:40:05 AM »
No learning incolved. VERY user friendly. Just pick your spot, hit split, it tracks on the boundries for you!

PS:
Will any other program open .w64 files?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 10:50:47 AM by BornAgainTaper »

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2005, 10:44:30 AM »
I think there's something else involved with insuring no SBEs... don't know what it is for sure though.

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.224 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com