Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

UA-5 Monitor SW Button Question?

(1/4) > >>

herrmann2burn:
 ??? Does the UA-5 Monitor SW Button have to be turned ON, in order to  give someone an Analog Patch thru the RCA Outs?  

I wasnt sure, and someone who I had given a patch to, said they werent recieving a strong signal.  I only recently thought that may have been the cause, but i dont remember if it was on/off at the time.  

If so, does the Volume knob directly to the Left of the Monitor SW Button control the Output Level of the RCA Analog Outs?

From reading the Manual, this appears to be the case, but i wasnt sure if the Modded Units still follow these descriptions in the Manual.
Any Advice is Appreciated!!!! :bigsmile:  

Thanks,
Rhys

jessedscott:
I belive that the Gain knob you speek of works for both RCA's in and out's. But if they were not getting a strong signal, they need to turn up there gain. If running to DAT you are obviously using the 1/8" line in, in which he/she would HAVE to turn the gain up on the DAT. MD same thing, but I know once you start recording w/ a MD, you cannot change your record levels, this must be done before recording. I could be wrong on this.

I know when I run a 3rd mic into the RCA IN on my UA5, I turn the gain knob up all the way and it gives me between 12 and 6 db's, just with the 3rd mic. Then I plug in the XLR and adjust from there.

Hope this helps, but unless you really care about the "PATCHER'S" levels, I would not worry about it, just my opinion on that one.......

JDS

mirth:
Rhys - the knob on the front controls the level of the RCA out. Turned all the way to the right is essentially the same level of signal going to your laptop.

To control gain on the RCA *in* there is a little knob on the back of the unit.

mirth:
Also, the only thing that the modded units do is just allow the ua5 to run without a computer and allows for both digi outs to work at the same time. The mods don't affect the function of any of the controls.

Matt Quinn:
The digi mod does disable playback through the USB though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version