Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: which JB3 software from nomadness?  (Read 4840 times)

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
which JB3 software from nomadness?
« on: September 02, 2005, 12:31:14 PM »
Sorry for the n00b question but I borrowed a JB3 last night and just realized that I don't have any of the JB3 software/drivers installed anymore... I just need to grab these sets off of the jb3, can someone tell me what I need to download? I've been to the jb3 section of nomadness but I'm just not exactly sure what I need...

thanks
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Ray76

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: which JB3 software from nomadness?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 01:23:15 PM »
Sorry for the n00b question but I borrowed a JB3 last night and just realized that I don't have any of the JB3 software/drivers installed anymore... I just need to grab these sets off of the jb3, can someone tell me what I need to download? I've been to the jb3 section of nomadness but I'm just not exactly sure what I need...

thanks

1.40.06 firmware....and there is a software autodetect function on that site that will hook you up with all the correct stuff ...just leave the jb3 plugged in with firewire or usb itll tell you what you need..but firmware is 1.40.06

Offline Tim

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 01:27:41 PM »
thanks Ray
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Ray76

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 01:30:30 PM »

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 01:54:34 PM »
the firmware is already on the jb3,  maybe not 1.40 but something.  you already recorded the show right?  so to get it from the jb3 to the harddrive I use nodmad explorer.  works in windows explorer and you just drag and drop.  and it's free.  not to be confused wtih notmad explorer which is not free and does the samething.  oh yea I think you will find nomad explorer in the zen jukebox section.
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline Tim

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2005, 02:07:43 PM »
+T

Offline Tim

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2005, 02:44:54 PM »
thanks Ray!

Ray76

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2005, 02:57:12 PM »
thanks Ray!

No problem bud. and you can call me Teddy ;)

Offline Tim

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2005, 05:38:00 PM »
and you can call me Al

;)

Ray76

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2005, 06:12:58 PM »
and you can call me Al

;)

Nice reference. :)

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2005, 09:42:57 PM »
tim try notmad by redchair. far superior to the creative program. there is a trial version

http://redchairsoftware.com/notmad/

having used dat for years i have come to love the ease and simplicity of the jb3

have fun

ps...for mac there's xnjb

http://www.wentnet.com/projects/xnjb/index.html

My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline Tim

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2005, 10:49:54 PM »
Thanks Chris, got everything setup nice and easy but unfortunately the trial version does not support transfers to pc :(

thanks though ;D

it's not a huge deal, I had some free time today and just wanted to get these BT'd... I'lll just make JBK do it tomorrow ;D

kskreider

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2005, 01:24:54 AM »
Thanks Chris, got everything setup nice and easy but unfortunately the trial version does not support transfers to pc :(

thanks though ;D

it's not a huge deal, I had some free time today and just wanted to get these BT'd... I'lll just make JBK do it tomorrow ;D

I have tried the Notmad trial and noticed the same issue.  Even though I have found Creative's Playcenter buggy, it still does what I need it to do.  e.g. files go to and from player and even rips truckloads of crappy Mp3's for when not taping.   :P

Offline Gordon

• my list
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

Offline Chris K

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Bound to cover just a little more ground
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2005, 12:51:46 PM »

thanks though ;D

oops, it looks like the trial will no let you transfer, especially wav files. when i used the trial about a year and a half ago it would let you transfer a single file at a time (couldnt transfer multiple files). it worked well for me so i bought it.

i guess they did away with that feature on the recent trial version. bummer.

the creative software never really took to my pc. i tried installing-uninstalling-reinstalling the creative software but it was quirky and unpredictable.

My gear: JK Labs AKG DVC > M10
              AKG 460 ck61/ck62/ck63 > DR-70D

A live concert to me is exciting because of all the electricity that is generated in the crowd and on stage. It's my favorite part of the business, live concerts.
-Elvis Presley

Offline Gordon

• my list
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2005, 01:06:51 PM »
the creative software never really took to my pc. i tried installing-uninstalling-reinstalling the creative software but it was quirky and unpredictable.

while this was true of play center I have had zero issues with nomad explorer.

Offline Tim

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2005, 03:40:32 PM »
nomad explorer has given me problems but I'm going to try it again now...

Offline Tim

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2005, 03:49:35 PM »
my computer just blue screened on me :P

I was reinstalling the drivers ::)

I'll just make JBK do it for me 8)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.088 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com