Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: CDWav Question  (Read 5303 times)

Offline branas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
CDWav Question
« on: January 11, 2006, 04:48:53 PM »
Can I edit a split or manually place a split at a particular position?
Mobile - C414B-XLS/ST->V3->744T
Home/Studio - Various Mics->RNP/Vintech Dual72/Focusrite OctoPre->Digi002->ProToolsLE

Offline RDunn

• Taperssection Member
Re: CDWav Question
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 05:17:20 PM »
CDWave is a great program for splitting up wav files into tracks.... and it works for 16 bit & 24 bit files.  Even better is the fact it splits on sector boundaries...... so no ticks and pops.  And it's a free program.
Schoeps MK4 > KC5 > CMC6 > Sound Devices 744T

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 05:20:10 PM »
yes, you can.

Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline branas

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 12:33:48 AM »
I guess I figured out how to place the split exactly where I wanted, but now I'm having SB issues. I save the file after I create all my splits and after burning all of the .wav's the tracks are not seamless going from one to the other and I'm burning DAO so there shouldn't be spaces. Any ideas?
Home/Studio - Various Mics->RNP/Vintech Dual72/Focusrite OctoPre->Digi002->ProToolsLE

Offline BayTaynt3d

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Live from San Francisco
    • BayTaper.com
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 01:01:50 AM »
It's not because of CDWave, that's for sure. What software are you using to burn with? Chances are it's adding the gap...
BayTaper.com | One Man’s Multimedia Journey Through the San Francisco Jazz & Creative Music Scene

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 02:12:17 AM »
It's not because of CDWave, that's for sure. What software are you using to burn with? Chances are it's adding the gap...

qft
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline branas

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 07:38:58 AM »
using Nero 7, I checked the "don't add space between tracks" option. Also, I recorded 24-bit, but I'm saving out of CDwav as 16-bit because I was having trouble with flac properly encoding the 24bit file. I'm burning from the .wav's though so I can leave flac out of the troubleshooting process for now. Any help is appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 07:41:35 AM by branas »

Offline esteyes

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 02:08:40 PM »
sorry to butt in on this thread, but it seems appropriate for my questions

i record in 24bit with a 671. if i do not pay attention at the show and let the 671 autosplit the file at the 2g limit, i come home with 2 files usually (3 hr shows...a 2g and a 1g from 48/24 recording). so using cd wave is no-brainer for splitting, but...
#1:  how does one join the two files??
#2:  how does one add any fades?? like at beginning or end of shows

i generally use Feurio for all my editing>burning (well, 16bit)... i have samplitude 7.0, but it is so labor intensive to use...i use nero for BTorrent downloads where no editing/tracking is ness

ohh, and the first dozen discs i burned with Nero i forgot to keep checking the "don't add gap" box - in feurio, once checked it stays checked. i have grown to really like feurio

neil
Neil Sturtevant
San Marcos, CA
AKG 451's + CK1/CK8/CK9
AKG 460's + CK61/CK63 or A60M + CK1/CK8/CK9  or MK46/CK1X/CK8X
Sennheiser K3U + MKE-2, ME20, ME40, ME80, ME88
Sennheiser MKH 110/2 x2 + MKH 110/1 powered via custom battbox
Busman BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4
Shure FP33 or Sony DMX P01
Korg MR1000 or Sony M1
stealth: M1 > MKE-2/ME 20/ME40 in the hat
all cabling LINK (made in Germany) balanced or balanced miniature w/ Neutrik ends

making custom cables and serviceable (non-epoxy) ultraflush right angle cables plus other custom projects

Offline branas

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2006, 02:15:01 PM »
nevermind guys, I played the CD in my truck and it works fine, apparently, WinAmp has problems playing CD's without making a pop between tracks.

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2006, 02:51:19 PM »
using Nero 7, I checked the "don't add space between tracks" option. Also, I recorded 24-bit, but I'm saving out of CDwav as 16-bit because I was having trouble with flac properly encoding the 24bit file. I'm burning from the .wav's though so I can leave flac out of the troubleshooting process for now. Any help is appreciated.

after you track out a 24 bit file in CD Wave, when you go to save, you need to check the box that says "Save in alternate 24-bit format"
once you do that, FLAC should have no problem encoding the tracked 24 bit files.

also, CD Wave is a great program for tracking, but probably not the best for converting 24 bit down to 16 bit.  you'd probably be better off doing the conversion in a different program.  do a search, as there are many options for that.

but, even so, you only need to do the actual tracking once.  open up the original 24 bit wave in CD Wave, set the track markers, save the files, and then save the CUE sheet.

then open up the original file in a different program and convert to 16 bit.  then open up the new 16 bit file, load the CUE sheet, and all your track markers will pop in at exactly the same place.  then just save the 16 bit files and you're all set.

RebelRebel

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2006, 02:52:55 PM »
Depends on the program....

with samplitude...
open first file...open second file(on top of 1st file)

right click on the 2nd file and go to "range" then click "range all" (this selects the whole track), then "edit" and click "copy". close out the second track(youve already copied it)

go to the end of the 1st track and right click then "paste/insert clip"

the 2nd track will be added on.

Edit/add fades as normal with samplitude..."effects" amplitude/normalize"
sorry to butt in on this thread, but it seems appropriate for my questions

i record in 24bit with a 671. if i do not pay attention at the show and let the 671 autosplit the file at the 2g limit, i come home with 2 files usually (3 hr shows...a 2g and a 1g from 48/24 recording). so using cd wave is no-brainer for splitting, but...
#1:  how does one join the two files??
#2:  how does one add any fades?? like at beginning or end of shows

i generally use Feurio for all my editing>burning (well, 16bit)... i have samplitude 7.0, but it is so labor intensive to use...i use nero for BTorrent downloads where no editing/tracking is ness

ohh, and the first dozen discs i burned with Nero i forgot to keep checking the "don't add gap" box - in feurio, once checked it stays checked. i have grown to really like feurio

neil

RebelRebel

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2006, 02:56:30 PM »
for changing bit depth and sample rate, R8 brain is a program that gets good reviews.(freeware)

http://www.voxengo.com/product/r8brain/

span looks nice too...

http://www.voxengo.com/product/SPAN/
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 02:59:34 PM by Teddy »

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2006, 02:32:13 PM »
nevermind guys, I played the CD in my truck and it works fine, apparently, WinAmp has problems playing CD's without making a pop between tracks.

yep.  winamp put's gaps in there.  use foobar.  it rocks.  seemless flac and shn playback on the computer.
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2006, 02:35:11 PM »

yep.  winamp put's gaps in there.  use foobar.  it rocks.  seemless flac and shn playback on the computer.

qft, to get the flac/shn plugins for foobar, just search google for 'flac plugin for foobar 2000'
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline esteyes

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2006, 06:21:19 PM »
THANK Teddy for the guidance  :D :D :D

neil in san marcos
Neil Sturtevant
San Marcos, CA
AKG 451's + CK1/CK8/CK9
AKG 460's + CK61/CK63 or A60M + CK1/CK8/CK9  or MK46/CK1X/CK8X
Sennheiser K3U + MKE-2, ME20, ME40, ME80, ME88
Sennheiser MKH 110/2 x2 + MKH 110/1 powered via custom battbox
Busman BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4
Shure FP33 or Sony DMX P01
Korg MR1000 or Sony M1
stealth: M1 > MKE-2/ME 20/ME40 in the hat
all cabling LINK (made in Germany) balanced or balanced miniature w/ Neutrik ends

making custom cables and serviceable (non-epoxy) ultraflush right angle cables plus other custom projects

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.073 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com