Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: FLAC 4 MAC OS X  (Read 3401 times)

Offline phreshie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
FLAC 4 MAC OS X
« on: December 09, 2006, 12:48:12 PM »
i tried installing MACFLAC but it wouldnt run w/o some binaries - i deleted it cause i thought another conversion tool wouldnt be hard to find but i dont see any by searching Etree or google - what do you guys recomend for converting FLACs to WAVs on a brandy new macbookpro

rich
Retired.

Offline Corbin

• Taperssection Member
Re: FLAC 4 MAC OS X
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 01:42:33 PM »
I think xACT is what you're looking for.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/21952

Offline phreshie

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 08:11:43 AM »
has anyone herd of Toast ??? i did install FLACer but when i  decoded and moved them to my burn folder it only burned one track with no music ... wtf ???? i'l try getting xAct and see if ican make that work .... flac frontend on windows was so easy to use, im regretting this mac thing

rich
Retired.

Offline bgalizio

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/spyboychoir
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 09:07:34 AM »
has anyone herd of Toast ??? i did install FLACer but when i  decoded and moved them to my burn folder it only burned one track with no music ... wtf ???? i'l try getting xAct and see if ican make that work .... flac frontend on windows was so easy to use, im regretting this mac thing

rich

Trust me, you won't regret this Mac thing.

First off: xACT does everything FLAC Frontend does and more. Use that to encode/decode your FLAC files.

Toast is an excellent burning program. I don't really understand what your problem is, though. It sounds as if you're burning a data CD instead of an audio CD. Open Toast (assuming version 7), set the tab to "Audio," add your audio files, set the gap between songs to 0, and press the big red burn button.

If you're having other problems, there is a Team Mac thread on here as well. Lots of good resources to help you out.

Offline Corbin

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 12:27:00 PM »
im regretting this mac thing
rich

patience, young jedi

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 08:10:42 AM »
im regretting this mac thing

rich

someone gave you an answer less than an hour after your original post 

???

Offline Patrick

• Evil Urges, Baby.
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 11:03:01 AM »
flac frontend on windows was so easy to use, im regretting this mac thing

xACT blows frontend out of the water.  The ability to execute 2-3 tasks with one click is great. 

You say that your macbook is brand new, so therefore give it some time to get used to it.  It's a great machine, especially for what we do. 
Monitor Engineer: Band of Horses, Cage the Elephant, Bruce Hornsby, The Head and the Heart, Josh Ritter

Live Music Archive Bookmarks

Offline phreshie

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 07:07:07 PM »
ive DL both FLACer and xAct - i used flac'er to decode to wave, but my problem lies in burning - that Burn Folder - where r the presets to no if im  burning a data disc or audio, i hav WAVs in there but it burned a one long track with no audio - secon dont i hav to set it to burn DAO or edit gaps or set it somehow so i dont get gaps between tunes -

BETTER yet tell me a program i can DL for free that will act like my last burning software from sony. this seems a little hidden from user control/edit ....

also id like to be able to input long WAV files and split them up into tracks that i can burn onto cd, iassume i can use the opti in - i obviously want 24/96 capab, so whats the one to use .... is all of this stuff you guys readily use to decode/encode/DL/upload/shn/flac/for free ?

i dont use Toast now i lookd it up and it awas 90 buks so iblew it off fig there was one for free .... ?
where is this MAC thread you speak of ?
i'll get used to it jsut dont spend enough time learning it

thanks for all your help its greatly appreciated !!!

Retired.

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 10:21:20 PM »
BETTER yet tell me a program i can DL for free that will act like my last burning software from sony. this seems a little hidden from user control/edit ....

There's this little program called iTunes. You may have heard of it. Set gap to 0 seconds, drag in uncompressed audio files, burn.
Out of the game … for now?

Offline bgalizio

• Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/spyboychoir
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 07:21:53 AM »

where is this MAC thread you speak of ?

Here is the newest one:
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=70256.0

Run a search for the older ones. Most of your questions have already been answered on this forum.

Offline phreshie

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2006, 05:19:35 PM »
guys thanks for all your help - im mostly a lurker here and just bought a MAC no'ing nothing about it or its potential - i thought itunes was som media player or mp3 storage, thanks. i do tape and want to use this to transfer rec's to cd. thats a whole nother story as i still use DAT and feel ther is a smaller solution coming but havnt found it yet or dont want to spend the money ... not sure which

im using FLACer to decode cause i couldnt get xACT to work still have it on this but FLACer is pretty easy too.

to go off subject on DL bit torrents from Archive do you need authorization to get stuff .... i try to connect to this SCI show 11-17-00 but it wont accept the tracker or something like that
i have gotten BT off bt.etree but get regected from some like archive and week4paug - i remember using smartftp and u had to hav a user nam and pw to get in - r these the same type of servers, on archive im clicking in the top left on the FTP link to get the whole show in shn or flac, right ????
thanks again -  i hope im not too stupid for all you guys who could do this in their sleep .....
Retired.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com