Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: I'm FREAKING OUT!!!! HELP w/USB DRIVE  (Read 4426 times)

kirk97132

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: I'm FREAKING OUT!!!! HELP w/USB DRIVE
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2007, 12:23:47 PM »
Right on!! Let us know how thing turn out in the end. I've heard that program can take quite a bit of time (like days) to recover a drive, but a few days is totally worth it to get back something that would otherwise be gone forever!

Only $69 too.  Sure cheaper than taking it to someone.  only need to move 20 more gigs and well see how it goes :o

ok now up to $100 and still not recovered.  Waiting on a friends pro help.  Fuck me 42 gigs of 24/96 files that may never be recovered.  It is just plain discouraging, makes me just wanna say fuck it.

Offline ianstone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • schoeps>something>something else
    • My Recordings on ARCHIVE
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2007, 01:09:43 PM »
don't give up hope!
Microphones:
CCM4v (pair)
mk6 (pair) and mk41 (pair) with kc5's & cmc6's
mk21 (1) for those M/S situations

Preamps:
Sonosax SX-M2

Recorders:
Sound Devices 722
Edirol R-01

My Recordings on archive http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=%22ian%20stone%22

kskreider

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2007, 01:44:22 PM »
Shit kirk, I'm sorry.  I am with Ian here though.  Try it on another machine.  As a last resort maybe even try cracking it open and sliding the drive into an external case.  Maybe it is just a power supply issue.  Don't give up!

Offline it-goes-to-eleven

• Trade Count: (58)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2007, 02:03:48 PM »
Dang. I hope this works out..

If your drive is making a noise it is extremely unlikely any software activity will recover anything. In that situation the more you screw around with it, the worse it may get. In "noise" cases you generally need pro help.

then it came back after a shut down.  And, then when I went to move a 2GB file on to it it said it would take 48 minutes to move.

Never ever write or attempt to modify a drive that has given you hints of trouble. It can only make things worse. I don't even like the idea of plugging a drive in that condition into a windows box. At least under linux you can mount a drive Read Only and not have to worry about the OS attempting to update file access times, etc (windows LOVES to write to your drives even when you aren't actually writing anything).

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.05 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com