Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: NERO 6 ---or--- NERO 7 ??  (Read 5264 times)

kskreider

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: NERO 6 ---or--- NERO 7 ??
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2007, 09:47:30 PM »
I bought Nero 6 oem for $5 off of pricewatch.com and saw the guy was local so I drove down the street and picked it up.  I never had any problems with it until about 3 or 4 months ago.  I switched to a stripped down version of 7 and ain't looking back.

Offline plogan

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2007, 11:10:20 AM »
Cap'n....from my recent experience, it greatly matters what version of Windows you're running..I bought a bunch of OEM Nero 6's from 5dollarsoftware.com a few yaers back and it was all good..BUT....recently I bought a new laptop with VISTA and nero 6 would NOT work, not supported by the OS. Soooo, I go to the Nero website and download a trial version of 7, looks all nice and pretty, but after days of attempts I could not get the plgins to work, now that may have to do with the trial version, I don't know. I have since purchase a full version of 7 and am waiting by my mailbox. My experience is that if you have XP of b4, get 6, you have no choice but to get 7 if you are running Vista...see you down at the square, Pat
I think I should have no other mortal wants, if I could always have plenty of music. It seems to infuse strength into my limbs and ideas into my brain. Life seems to go on without effort, when I am filled with music.
George Eliot (1819 - 1880)

Offline Humbug

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Humbug Hum Rejection Unit
    • Trading site
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2007, 05:15:57 AM »

I got a quick question: been using Nero 6 Ultra for almost three years...very few problems, until recently. Nero is the only burning software I have, so it's not as if I can try another to see if the problem is Nero or my burner. During the burn, sometimes a third of the way through, sometimes halfway or three quarters, the computer freezes up, Nero stops (no errors reported, it just stops dead), the mouse cursor won't even budge. I have to shut down and re-boot. Most of the time, this happens. Occasionally, a good burn will slip through the cracks and give me hope that everything's well...but it's only fleeting as subsequent burns tank.

I know no one is gonna be able to solve my problem with this limited intel, but what does it sound like to you? Nero? Burner? Something else?

Thanks!

I have an old Dell notebook from 2000 which used to be my main machine. I burnt out one CD writer, and the one I replaced it with isn't so great either. Every 3rd or 4th disc burned, it also freezes the computer and needs a reboot. I suspect it's the burner, but I'm no expert.

Luckily only have to use it occasionally to EAC some older, less well burned audio discs.

Humbug
UK based taper: MK4>Nbox Platinum>PCM-M10
AT853C>CA9200 / PIPsqueak>Tascam DR-2D

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Humbug66

Offline jerryfreak

• No PZ
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • The plural of anecdote is not data
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2007, 04:57:20 PM »
nero 6, hands down. I've used both, the nero6 is a lot more intuitive.

also nero7 does not support the flac plugin at all.

the only advantages in 7:
it asks you if you want to burn another copy while the window is still loaded up
-there is a checkbox to eliminate the 2 sec gap on audio tracks, instead of manually editing track properties
Unable to post or PM due to arbitrary censorship of people the mod doesn't like. Please email me using the link in my profile if you need to connect

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2007, 06:38:32 PM »

I got Nero 6 Ultra off eBay..........really works great on this XP machine.  Got the FLAC plugin working, too.  +Ts all around.........

Kevin

Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.039 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com