Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Posting recorded .Mp3 and/or .Wav files to Web  (Read 2370 times)

Offline Mr.Fantasy

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Jesus saves...
Posting recorded .Mp3 and/or .Wav files to Web
« on: September 13, 2007, 10:25:38 PM »
I have recorded, and will be recording many more, college lectures with my new handy dandy R-09.

Now I want to be able to post the lectures on the Web for my classmates and I to be able to listen to at anytime.

Will someone tell me how I can accomplish this please?

Thanks,

Andrew Treat-
"I read somewhere that 77 percent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 percent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves" ---Jerry Garcia

Mics: Modified Nak 300's, Line Audio CM4
P48/Pres: PS2
Decks: Edirol R-09

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Posting recorded .Mp3 and/or .Wav files to Web
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 11:05:21 PM »
First, I would suggest posting MP3 files to the web, whatever and wherever.  They are about 10% the size fo a WAV file meaning they will upload and download 10 times faster.  The sound quality will be there.  Use LAME (hydrogenaudio.org) to encode with.  It is quite good and has excellent fidelity despite what some detractors say.  If I were to judge by some of what is out there in MP3 format I would agree.  But I have encoded with LAME 3.97 and find it works just great.

As for uploading, well, where do you plan to upload??  I would suggest your school's website and would suggest you seek help there first.
Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline Mr.Fantasy

• Taperssection Member
  • Jesus saves...
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 11:16:43 PM »
+T's for the quick response...

I agree with you about the Mp3's. I can record straight to Mp3 on my R-09, would I be better off to do that, or record a .Wav and convert it? Probably just straight to Mp3 right?

And as far as where I was planning to upload....that was really what I was asking about. I don't know where I can post things like Mp3's without creating my own website or something....

I guess I could try the school...that seems like a very viable option that I will investigate further....
"I read somewhere that 77 percent of all the mentally ill live in poverty. Actually, I'm more intrigued by the 23 percent who are apparently doing quite well for themselves" ---Jerry Garcia

Offline busterr

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 11:46:05 PM »
You could try Mediafire.com to host your files as well if your school website doesn't have an option. It's free, you have to keep your individual files under 100mb, but offers unlimited uploads. Then you can just link to that for people to DL, however you do need to check in from time to time to keep your files active(within 60 days).

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 11:50:50 PM »
I'd check with the professors to clear what you're doing with them.  Some of them may not want recordings of their lectures posted online, and IMO you should respect their choice.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline busterr

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 01:04:09 AM »
I'd check with the professors to clear what you're doing with them.  Some of them may not want recordings of their lectures posted online, and IMO you should respect their choice.

Great point Brian, yeah make sure they're taper/trade friendly first ;).

You can make your files on mediafire private or password protected, so in theory only you or classmates you give the link and password to could DL them. However someone could very well post them elsewhere after that though.
Once you post them online and give out links, it's out of your (and your professors) control.

Offline Mr.Fantasy

• Taperssection Member
  • Jesus saves...
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 09:35:12 AM »
I understand and agree.

I actually have asked all of my profs if it was okay to record the lectures, because some people see it as, instead of me actually absorbing more course material...that I guess I wouldn't pay enough attention in class since I can listen to whatever was said at home....

But all of my profs have said it is okay to record the lectures, and I will ask them about the posting.....our university uses an online program called Blackboard. I think I could probably get them on there easily enough.....I would have to get teacher passwords and whatnot.....but that would be very convenient....

Unless this thing gets pretty large scale I don't think I would have to charge anyone anything. Even though it will be money out of pocket.....

I'm not trying to pay my way through college with r-09 recordings.....

For that I have another idea...I work for a law firm and I was thinking it would be so easy to record all of the lawyers meetings, or depositions, or even trials.....I am sure they would compensate me for that...... ;D

Offline stantheman1976

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 10:18:25 AM »
Since we're just talking about lectures here the MP3 directly on you Edirol should work fine.  It's not like you're archiving some major artist who wants the highest fidelity possible.  Record them as MP3 and upload to wherever you can find space easily but make sure it's somewhere the files will still be available months from now.  Some of those sites that allow you to upload 100MB or something like that and share it with others only allow a certain time limit or amount of transfers.

Offline Mr.Fantasy

• Taperssection Member
  • Jesus saves...
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 11:21:14 AM »
I see.

Alright I'm on the hunt then...

Thanks everyone...+T's to all!!!

Offline keyclick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
    • My Myspace Music  page
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 12:10:42 PM »
Yeah, besides mediafire, there are others like Sendspace, etc. You just go there, click 'upload' and a browse box comes up... you search for the file on your computer and it uploads to sendspace. Then it spits back a URL that you can email, embed in a web page, myspace, messageboard, etc. In your case you could just mail the URL to your recipients, or post a link to it somewhere. I have a R-09 myself, and I record my own band, and send the links to the other players and on our myspace/website.

Greg

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.112 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com