Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Samplitude version differences, anyone using the Master edition?  (Read 4413 times)

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
Re: Samplitude version differences, anyone using the Master edition?
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2007, 10:44:13 AM »
I'm familiar with USB keys in general from other software that uses them, but how would it be 'optional' on some SAM versions?  Do they have some other alternative copy protection scheme in place?  Is only a limited set of features available unless you insert the USB key?  I ask because sometimes I max out my available USB ports, and would rather not bother adding a hub unless necessary.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2007, 03:59:16 PM »
Thanks for the explanations of dongles.  I feel way smarter now.  Lookout!     LOL
Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2007, 08:00:08 PM »
gutbucket - the only reason it can be a drag is when you are tight on usb ports. mine has to be ALL the time. afaik, if the software doesnt have the usb dongle, it is cracked/pirated...
-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

Online live2496

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Gidluck Mastering
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2007, 08:11:03 PM »
I'm familiar with USB keys in general from other software that uses them, but how would it be 'optional' on some SAM versions?  Do they have some other alternative copy protection scheme in place?  Is only a limited set of features available unless you insert the USB key?  I ask because sometimes I max out my available USB ports, and would rather not bother adding a hub unless necessary.

It would use a hash key on the installed version. By that I mean "like windows" there is a validation code you have to enter. The "optional" probably means that you could get a dongle for it if you want one. Why would you want one? The advantage of that is if you have multiple computers and you want to run Samplitude on all of them. You take the dongle with you and use the dongle with the local version. It won't work without it, but it would allow you to use the software whereever you are.

Different users have different needs. Some just need it on one computer, others need portability, and some need to run from a network. They seem to have addressed all of these scenarios.

Users complained big time about the dongle at first. So they went with no dongle on the lesser versions. It's cheaper to implement for them per user as well. However, they protect themselves against pirating moreso on the multi-featured versions.

AEA R88MKII > SPL Crimson 3 > Tascam DA-3000

Offline Gutbucket

• record > listen > revise technique
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • "Better to love music than respect it" ~Stravinsky
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2007, 08:35:22 PM »
Excellent explanation, thanks.

& impressed they've addressed those issues with options.
musical volition > vibrations > voltages > numeric values > voltages > vibrations> virtual teleportation time-machine experience
Better recording made easy - >>Improved PAS table<< | Made excellent- >>click here to download the Oddball Microphone Technique illustrated PDF booklet<< (note: This is a 1st draft, now several years old and in need of revision!  Stay tuned)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com