Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Getting popping/digi noise in my playback  (Read 4470 times)

Offline anr

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Getting popping/digi noise in my playback
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008, 03:56:26 PM »
I agree, disable all from that list.  You'd need lots of RAM to keep the PC stable with that lot constantly running.

Using TV as monitor?   Can you get hold of a proper monitor and try that?  Just trying to identify some oddities in your setup.  That's one, and opens up the possibility of a mismatch between your graphics card and TV.   

Offline NOLAfishwater

• is not taping much these days
  • Trade Count: (72)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I LIKE FISHIN
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2008, 12:56:45 AM »
woo hoo. I'm back up. Had to remove everything from all PCI slots.Then had to re-install all but one USB 4port PCI card. Then had to re assign the hardware to different IRQ's in the BIOS. Took my whole Friday evening and night. It really sucked earlier b/c when it was frozen up and barely running I had to back up my whole C drive and all of my documents to an External HD via USB 1.0 b/c I had removed my USB 2.0 PCI card. It took about 3.5 hours to backup 6GB of information. How did we ever survive using 1.0 back then. I disabled all start up programs except my AP 24/96 and my Norton internet security. In addition, I uninstalled my old sound card, printer port, 3.5 floppy drive, and communications port (telephone & modem). By disabling them, it allowed more IRQ's to open up. It still appears that there are 2 other items on the same IRQ with the soundcard, but at least it is on IRQ 11. Typically you want your sound card to be on an IRQ less than 15. Mine was set on 17 along with 2 other devices. Just glad I didn't fry my computer. After everything I did, I still get one little pop, but sporadically when a I have multiple programs open and am streaming music from the LMA. Holy cow that was long explanation. NOLA out.

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2008, 12:07:09 PM »
good to hear.  sounds like you need a new computer asap ;)
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline NOLAfishwater

• is not taping much these days
  • Trade Count: (72)
  • I LIKE FISHIN
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2008, 06:42:56 PM »
good to hear.  sounds like you need a new computer asap ;)

My computer is fine. Runs at 1024 DDR @ 2.4Ghz. I am happy with it. Note to self, don't try to change more than one PCI card at a time.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.04 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com