Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: RH1 Question  (Read 2269 times)

Offline kidrocklive

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • If it's real, You'll feel it!
    • My Trade List
RH1 Question
« on: February 22, 2008, 09:55:35 AM »
Is there anyway to tell a time estimate how much longer the battery will last? I know it's got the little battery image thing but I was wondering if there was a way to get a actual time. When it's charging it gives you a time for how long it will take to charge so I don't see why there isn't one for how long it's got left on the battery too. When the battery gets half way I'm often afraid it will run dead next time I go to a show so I charge it back up but I know the more often you charge the battery the lesser and lesser it will last as time goes on so I don't wanna be doing that all the time either.

Offline flintstone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: RH1 Question
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 10:36:20 AM »
Can't help with the original question, but I suggest that you purchase one or more spare batteries, and change the battery when you change discs.  It only takes a few extra seconds.  The Sony LIP-4WM battery costs about $15 when ordered from Japan or Hong Kong on eBay.

Flintstone

Offline kidrocklive

• Taperssection Member
    • My Trade List
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 10:37:35 AM »
oh you don't need to worry about the battery being a fake or something and not being good?

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 12:08:17 PM »
Most of the eBay SONY's are made in China.  If you want a real one buy it from SONY.  My solution was to buy the Macaly I-481 battery pack which will allow you to burn something like 20 Hi-MD's.  It is a Li-Ion, charges from the SONY RH1 charger or from your USB port, is small and can be had in matching black.  And it costs little more than the SONY battery from SONY.  Lot's of help on this and other MD problems is available at minidisc.com, a board focused on MD.

Cheers
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 05:58:47 PM by boojum »
Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline kidrocklive

• Taperssection Member
    • My Trade List
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 12:20:32 PM »
Most of the eBay SONY's are made in China.  If you want a real one buy it from SONY.  My solution was to buy the Macaly battery pack which will allow you to burn something like 20 Hi-MD's.  It is a Li-Ion, charges from the SONY RH1 charger or from your USB port, is small and can be had in matching black.  And it costs little more than the SONY battery from SONY.  Lot's of help on this and other MD problems is available at minidisc.com, a board focused on MD.

Cheers

much thanks

Offline fmaderjr

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 07:13:56 PM »
Kiidrocklive-Don't make things too complicated. Charge the battery before every show so you don''t need to worry about it going dead on you.

It actually seems that recharging often will increase battery life. See:
http://batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm
To summarize, it says a lithium battery prefers a partial rather than a full discharge.

Even if recharging every time would reduce the battery's life, a new battery doesn't cost so much that it is worth worrying about running out of power. I wouldn't even considered going to a show with a recorder without a fully charged battery (except for my iHP-120 which will probably run for 16 hours or more with its new 2200 mA battery).
AT853's (all caps)/CM-300 Franken Naks (CP-1,2,3)/JBMod Nak 700's (CP-701,702) > Tascam DR-680
Or Sonic Studios DSM-6 > M10

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 02:08:57 AM »
Regardless of how long you can record on your rig, the RH1 is getting shaky at around four hours, I think.  Anyway, that little gumstick does not allow a really long haul in recording.  I like the Macaly I-481 as it guarantees me ~20 Hi-MD's worth recording.    YMMV      8)
Nov schmoz kapop.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com