Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Edit: CRISIS AVERTED! My iriver RESTORED!  (Read 3029 times)

Offline DisturbedPyro

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • "Taper you are looking for I am not."
    • Disturbed Trade Forum
Edit: CRISIS AVERTED! My iriver RESTORED!
« on: July 16, 2010, 10:19:55 AM »
i plugged my iriver h320 in to get it charged up because i have a show tonight and tomorrow. when i plugged it in, a bright flash came on the screen for a split second, then nothing. now it wont turn on, i also tried plugging it into my computer through usb from both media and data ports on the iriver, and still nothing. did the charger completely fry it or what?

i dont have a backup recorder so i guess im screwed for my two upcoming shows... >:( any ideas? or if anyone knows a place i can get one relatively cheap that does "next day" shipping so i can at least get it for my show tomorrow, please help me out. thanks

i plugged it in and hit the reset button and it turned on fine. battery was flashing dead so its charging now. phew! what a relief! i will be looking into getting a backup recorder though. or maybe something to replace this and use the iriver as the backup
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 01:10:00 PM by DisturbedPyro »
My Masters
One song samples of all my masters

My Rig: IRiver H320 -> Church-Audio STC-11 Cardioid Mics -> BAT-2B

Offline darktrain

• Trade Count: (715)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Whats next?
Re: CRISIS! My iriver died!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 10:39:51 AM »
i plugged my iriver h320 in to get it charged up because i have a show tonight and tomorrow. when i plugged it in, a bright flash came on the screen for a split second, then nothing. now it wont turn on, i also tried plugging it into my computer through usb from both media and data ports on the iriver, and still nothing. did the charger completely fry it or what?

i dont have a backup recorder so i guess im screwed for my two upcoming shows... >:( any ideas? or if anyone knows a place i can get one relatively cheap that does "next day" shipping so i can at least get it for my show tomorrow, please help me out. thanks

I would suggest going out and getting a Sony M10, they are down in price now, guitar center has em for 229.00

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 10:43:30 AM »
did the charger completely fry it or what?

Did you use the official iriver charger or another one? The older nokia cellphones used a charger that had the same tip and appearance but threw too much at the unit so they would fry them. Just an idea.

Could have just been it's time to go.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline DisturbedPyro

• Taperssection Member
    • Disturbed Trade Forum
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 10:44:50 AM »
it was an official iriver charger. same one ive always used since april 2008

anyone know of a place that does repairs? radioshack does but they have to send it out. id like a place that does it in store so i can get this fixed (if it even can be fixed) by tomorrow night
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 10:46:28 AM by DisturbedPyro »
My Masters

Offline darktrain

• Whats next?
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 10:50:34 AM »
it was an official iriver charger. same one ive always used since april 2008

anyone know of a place that does repairs? radioshack does but they have to send it out. id like a place that does it in store so i can get this fixed (if it even can be fixed) by tomorrow night

most likely fried, i have had a bunch of irivers and it just happens sometimes, the price to get em fixed(if you can) would probably equal the cost of buying another, now that its dead get a flash recorder(M10, R-09hr) , you won't look back

Offline DisturbedPyro

• Taperssection Member
    • Disturbed Trade Forum
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 10:52:51 AM »
yeah ive wnated an edirol r-09. but theyre so expensive. i spent $70 on my iriver lol
My Masters

Offline darktrain

• Whats next?
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 10:59:45 AM »
its a long shot but check craigslist, they show up there from time to time and check there for other recorders as well
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 11:01:26 AM by Darktrain »

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 11:09:50 AM »
I used my M10 for the first time last night. You will love it for  >:D . So nice to set your levels a little low and just boost them later (if you record 24 bit).
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline DisturbedPyro

• Taperssection Member
    • Disturbed Trade Forum
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 12:44:28 PM »
is it possible the battery is just dead? ive been doing some research of what other ppl had to say. check this out: http://www.fixya.com/support/t1863035-iriver_h320_will_not_turn
My Masters

Offline darktrain

• Whats next?
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 12:49:36 PM »
is it possible the battery is just dead? ive been doing some research of what other ppl had to say. check this out: http://www.fixya.com/support/t1863035-iriver_h320_will_not_turn

My cousin literally just had this issue with his 320 a few days ago where his battery drained because he hadn't used it in months, he got it to come back to life by using the usb and it held the charge fine, what you described didn't sound like that but its possible, not sure if you can find a battery in that short of time. Just bite the bullet and get the sony pcm-m10

Offline DisturbedPyro

• Taperssection Member
    • Disturbed Trade Forum
Re: Edit: CRISIS AVERTED! My iriver RESTORED!
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 01:09:39 PM »
i plugged it in and hit the reset button and it turned on fine. battery was flashing dead so its charging now. phew! what a relief! i will be looking into getting a backup recorder though. or maybe something to replace this and use the iriver as the backup
My Masters

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com